Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BF of the year (well meaning/epic fail)

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 2 Replies
We all tell the ugly side but my son's father really is a good guy and a good dad. My son spent the last 45 days in Las Vegas with his military daddy. First night he was there, dad called me freaking about a blister on my son's leg. It was a wart that was about to rupture (I had actually taken him to the pedi for something else and she said don't worry). I explained this to Dad but he was sure it was something else- the next day he took him to the ER, funny thing was the spot had already almost disappeared. SECOND STORY: So my son came home last night, he has a swollen/red/infected nailbed around his pointer finger, probably because he is a nail biter. Well dad marked the end of the infected area with a marker to make sure the infection isn't spreading (not a bad idea). I told my son this morning that we would soak it in soapy water to try to fix it and he told me "no, Daddy said I can't wash it because the marker will come off" Uhhhh failure to wash it is probably how you got in this situation in the first place!!! The finger really is kinda gross but I'm sure some hot soapy water and peroxide or alcohol will fix it. So ladies, the morale of this story is sometimes even the best intentions turn into epic failures! LOL
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM

My oldest was a nail biter - infected culticles are so so so gross.  (Thankfully she doesn't do it anymore.)  Antibiotic ointment will help also - talk to the pharamcist, there was a really good OTC one mine recommended but I cannot recall what it is called - cause we only had one infection years ago....

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Use permanent marker...won't wash off. Problem solved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)