Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Open me :):)

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 44 Replies
How was your summer ?!
And fill me in on what's been going on, because I haven't been around much.
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Summer has been busy we've been camping/fishing a lot. Hit up VA Beach a few times and went down to Myrtle once. I have taken the kids to Jamestown, Yorktown, and Williamsburg we hadn't been there yet. Supposed to D.C. since the last time we were going to go had to be canceled at the last minute. Also going to use our free tickets to Water Country USA soon. I wish I haven't had to work so much though so we could do more. YDD birthday was last Saturday we are doing her big party weekend after next.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Beach vacations and lots of travel.  Girl child is co-captain of her cheerleading squad (junior year), is doing competition cheerleading, travel softball AND has her first summer job coaching gymnastics at a local fitness center.  I bought her her first car as well.  They grow up so freaking fast!

Boy child has been doing what he usually does.  He plays online video games and designing a game on the computer as well. 

Lots of swimming, cocktails, and enjoying the dog days of summer.

Oh and add work in there somewhere, lol.  It's been a light case load with regards to judges because it's summer and everyone is on vacation. :) 

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Sounds like you've been really busy!! I loved Williamsburg :) but I'm a huge history nerd... So ya know!

Quoting soonergirl980:

Summer has been busy we've been camping/fishing a lot. Hit up VA Beach a few times and went down to Myrtle once. I have taken the kids to Jamestown, Yorktown, and Williamsburg we hadn't been there yet. Supposed to D.C. since the last time we were going to go had to be canceled at the last minute. Also going to use our free tickets to Water Country USA soon. I wish I haven't had to work so much though so we could do more. YDD birthday was last Saturday we are doing her big party weekend after next.

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Drink one of those cocktails for me! And make it fruity with an umbrella. I need to get in beach mode. We're taking the kiddos in two weeks!! Cannot wait.

And isn't it nice that girl child has a bit of independence with that car?? Just think- no more playing taxi for practices!! :p

Quoting pepper504:

Beach vacations and lots of travel.  Girl child is co-captain of her cheerleading squad (junior year), is doing competition cheerleading, travel softball AND has her first summer job coaching gymnastics at a local fitness center.  I bought her her first car as well.  They grow up so freaking fast!

Boy child has been doing what he usually does.  He plays online video games and designing a game on the computer as well. 

Oh and add work in there somewhere, lol.  It's been a light case load with regards to judges because it's summer and everyone is on vacation. :) 

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM

She just got her permit, so we have until December until she can get her license.  THEN . . . You are correct with regards to the taxi service.  Thank goodness that some of her friends drive right now, that has been a HUGE life saver for her dad and I.

Where are y'all going? :)

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Drink one of those cocktails for me! And make it fruity with an umbrella. I need to get in beach mode. We're taking the kiddos in two weeks!! Cannot wait.

And isn't it nice that girl child has a bit of independence with that car?? Just think- no more playing taxi for practices!! :p

Quoting pepper504:

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

DH gained primary custody of SD. We got SD into the really good charter school we were trying so hard to get her into. And as of this week we are moving into a 3 bedroom aparrtment so DD and SD will have their own rooms! We didn't see SD for 5 weeks and we just got her back on Sunday.

So..kinda busy..but really good :)

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too total history nerd.

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Sounds like you've been really busy!! I loved Williamsburg :) but I'm a huge history nerd... So ya know!

Quoting soonergirl980:

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Heading to Panama City beach. I usually avoid that place like the plague... but my parents are taking us so I'll go anywhere. We're all spent out after our honeymoon- but the Bahamas cruise was worth it!!!

Quoting pepper504:

She just got her permit, so we have until December until she can get her license.  THEN . . . You are correct with regards to the taxi service.  Thank goodness that some of her friends drive right now, that has been a HUGE life saver for her dad and I.

Where are y'all going? :)

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Quoting pepper504:

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Do they get to help decorate the new rooms?!? Wait- isn't bm having her baby next week?

Quoting amanda_mom89:

DH gained primary custody of SD. We got SD into the really good charter school we were trying so hard to get her into. And as of this week we are moving into a 3 bedroom aparrtment so DD and SD will have their own rooms! We didn't see SD for 5 weeks and we just got her back on Sunday.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Yes..but not until october when we have some extra cash :/ I hate that..but that's really the best we can do. (I get 3 paychecks in october instead of 2) I got DD a new bed yesterday and we're getting SD a different one next month. One thing at a time.

Yes she is. SD is going back to BM next week Wed-Sun.

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Do they get to help decorate the new rooms?!? Wait- isn't bm having her baby next week?

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)