Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Childless Stepmom -Sick SD sleeping in our bed

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 117 Replies

While away at my parents my SD5 was sick to her stomach all over her bed. SO pulled the sheets off her bed but instead of putting new ones on he let her sleep in our bed. He also did this when she peed the bed before. Personally I do nort want a sick child in my bed or one that wets the bed, ewww. I personally would put new sheets on her bed and make sure shes ok, then back to my bed. I did tell my SO that I would never sleep beside a sick child as I dont want to be sick myself or get puked on. Anyone had experience with this?

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM
8 moms liked this

I have 3 kids - when they get sick to their stomach and vomit in their beds at night I strip their bedding off, throw it in the washer IMMEDAITELY, hose off the puke covered mini-human, Frebreeze the mattress followed by a Lysol bath after dressing the puker and providing a vomit bucket (just in case) - then we camp out either in the living room cushion fort style or in my bed.  It's what parents do.

spicy0425
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

We used to sleep with the SDs when they were 5,6,7. Once they get older, we put them in their own room. I have to say, the adults never slept with them when they were sick though. We wanted to make sure there is at least one healthy adult to go to work, and one takes care of the sick kid.

dukegirl01
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally get it! No, I'd feel the same way. Your SO could have put on new bedding and laid with your sd til she felt alitte better than came back to bed with you! Sounds like he did the " lazy quick" thing!
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting dukegirl01:

I totally get it! No, I'd feel the same way. Your SO could have put on new bedding and laid with your sd til she felt alitte better than came back to bed with you! Sounds like he did the " lazy quick" thing!

As a parent I see it as a comfort your ill child thing not a lazy thing.  I must be really weird.

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I really really hope you're NOT custodial SM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I always brought sick kids to bed.  Or I slept in their bed.  Comfort and convenience.

It makes me a little sad to think about a 5 year old being denied the comfort of her daddy's bed because his new girlfriend was a germaphobe.  

OP, do you have children of your own?

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

Quoting dukegirl01:

As a parent I see it as a comfort your ill child thing not a lazy thing.  I must be really weird.

newstepmom61811
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I've welcomed all my sick SKs into my bed. Been sick a couple times with them...we're family, we share the same house. They're kids, it's not their fault. They need care and comfort so DH and I do it.

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
IMO it has nothing to do with being childless
One can feel compassion without having kids.
OP! she is just a5 years child and she was sick :( try to understand that.

Quoting pdxmum:

I always brought sick kids to bed.  Or I slept in their bed.  Comfort and convenience.

It makes me a little sad to think about a 5 year old being denied the comfort of her daddy's bed because his new girlfriend was a germaphobe.  

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

Quoting dukegirl01:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
8 moms liked this

Mini-people equals unpredictable bodily fluid eruptions from a wide array of body holes.  Like a really horrifying and liquid filled pinata...  

Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

Quoting dukegirl01:

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:19 PM
7 moms liked this
It's not unusual for a parent to want to be with their sick child. My kids have slept with me or vice versa. Since you are not wanting the child in your bed, my opinion is your SO should make a pallet in her room so that he can be close to her. Although, I have to say that when I've been woken up by a puking kid at 3am, I usually don't put sheets back on. I strip the bed, scoop up the kiddo and crawl back in to my bed and off to sleep we go. While I wish I had the stamina to replace sheets at 3am, I am generally half awake and it's not something I'm up for. Yes that makes me lazy and I'm cool with that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)