Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Week Off with All the Little Monsters!!!

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 4 Replies

Next week is one of the monthly summer weeks with the skids. We get them Sun-Sun. I took off work to hang out with the kids.

We have two cars, but both are only 5 seaters. Well, we have 6 kids. So Im going to be stuck at home. With SIX kids!! ALL WEEK!! 

Im excited about it, but not so excited about not having a car to get us all out of the house. We have a big yard with a big pool, but that will probably get old.

Does anyone have any ideas of things I can do to keep them all occupied? The boys are 15 & 5. The girls are 7,8,11,&12.

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Is your yard big enough for a water balloon battle? Slip n' slide? Other water activities? I'd probably do a bunch of that. If you have a fire pit or BBQ roast marshmallows at night and makes s'mores.

Hit up redbox and get some movies for a movie night. Maybe rent a game or two as well.

Arts and crafts for the younger kiddos (the Dollar Store is great  for those). 

bethgoedeken
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM

5 words, squirt gun hide and seek. and water balloon fights, have a baking day, make some cookies, set out some decorations and let them go at it. its fun for every one!

Momma_1985
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Movie & game night! Always works wonders.....I try baking with them, also sports outside playing ball is always fun. Is there a park close enough to walk?

SMInProgress
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Maybe one day, have a PPP (pizza pool party)  & invite your friends & their kids but its BOYP (bring your own pizza).  Few days before, have your kids make pizza invites out of color construction paper, make giant rounds & cut out different toppings & maybe take a walk over to your friends/ neigbors houses & drop them off.

Kids planting their own lil veggie gardens is a big thing right now.  Backyard camping was always fun with roasting hotdogs & marshmallows on a small (parent monitored :) bbq. 

The 15 yr old may get a little bored.  Maybe have him in charge of a "zombie day"...sounds weird but it's fun.  Get the old Halloween fake blood, white makeup, let the teen run the show & dress them up as zombies all day long in the backyard. Good luck with your monsters!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)