Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you have stepparents and/or half siblings?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 36 Replies

Do you have stepparents and/or half siblings?

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Not in the conventional way. I am adopted, and have several sets of parents. I have 6 bio siblings, 2 sisters that I grew up with in foster care, and when I was adopted, ot was just my sister and I, but, we saw my bio brother and sister very often, and called their adopted brither and sister siblings as well. 

To this day, we all call each other siblings, probably always will as it is what we have done all our lives.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM

no step parents. my parents are still married. i did have older half sisters but i wasnt close to them growing up, they lived in another city and were A LOT older. i do have a relationship w them though.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I have SF.  I have a BF......somewhere.  Never met him.  The only way he would sign the divorce papers with my mom was if he could be released from his CS obligation and was released from parental rights.  I have a younger brother and sister.  I guess technically they are half sibs but as far as we are concerned the half part is totally irrelevant.  I don't know about half sibs that may be from the sperm donor.  Don't care either.  My dad is at home with my mom and I have a brother and a sister.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I have no stepparents but my father had three children prior to his marriage to my mother, I have never met the only male child, my parents are relatively close to the eldest girl, she is almost as old as my Mom.

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

LoveMy2x4
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I have a SF and 3 step-brothers. I have only met my step brothers a few times. Theirmom was a crazy psycho bitch and conviced them all at a young age that my SF didnt love them and that WE were his new family. I also dont think my SF fought hard enough.

My SF now has a relationship with 2 out of the 3 of them. They moved to Cali a long time ago though, while we are in NY. So he still doesnt see them often, ever other year maybe.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Yes all of the above. I have half siblings too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I have a stepfather
All 3 siblings are half siblings (only the the middle 2 share the same set of parents but we all have the same mom)
Lauren79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Dad's side: I have an older half brother, he's 11 years older. My father's first marriage. I am a product of his second marriage. His 3rd marriage I gained a step-sister, to this day she's still my sister. My current SM (not legally his wife, but they've been together 16 years) I have 2 step-brothers and 2 step-sisters. With all of them I have loads of nieces and nephews.

Mom's side: I have 2 step-brothers & 1 step-sister. She and my SF aren't together anymore, but they spent a majority of my childhood and developmental years together and I still consider him my SF and his children my siblings.

My family is a dysFUNctional mess. LOL.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I have a stepdad. From him I have two older step brothers (who we never see), and my younger 'half' sister.

From my stepmom, I have an older step brother.
cLanief
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I kind of had a step dad but I was an adult so I never consisered him as such. My brother is a half sib but I don't consider him as such cuz we grew up together with our mom
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)