Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Cp's do you let ncp fill out school paperwork?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 29 Replies
My friend and her ex were discussing this.

He told her he should be able to fill out school paper work b/c he is a parent. She said she is the cp so it just makes more sense for her to do it b/c she's always done it in the past. What are you ladies thoughts about this? Cp's do you or would you let NCP fill out school forms?
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miapia1020
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Dh won't let bm fill out the paperwork. She doesn't have any of our emergency contact info, and she and her family live over an hour away. She actually complained to the judge last year that dh and I are listed before her as emergency contacts, but we both live and work about 10 minutes from her school. The judge basically asked bm what would make more sense, for bm to be called who is over an our away, or the cp/csp who could be there in minutes? She admitted that the way dh filled out the paperwork made sense, but then tried to go behind dhs back at the school and change it. Luckily the school has a policy that only the person that filled out the paper can change it. bm was super pissed
pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM
4 moms liked this

I would wonder if hell had frozen over if BF filled out forms!  If he did it would just mean less work for me so I wonder why it would even be an issue.  He knows my info, he knows DHs phone number, he is perfectly capable of filling out school forms.

What is the turf issue with school forms?  I just don't get why it matter which parent does it.

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM
That's pretty much what I told her. As long as he puts her info down it shouldn't be a problem

Quoting pdxmum:

I would wonder if hell had frozen over if BF filled out forms!  If he did it would just mean less work for me so I wonder why it would even be an issue.  He knows my info, he knows DHs phone number, he is perfectly capable of filling out school forms.

What is the turf issue with school forms?  I just don't get why it matter which parent does it.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is anyone fighting to fill out school forms? lol

So far DH hasn't had to fill out much for SD's school. BM lives 2.5 hours away. But I suppose if she wanted to help fill stuff out and could either do it on a pick up and drop off day or could fax it back then DH really wouldn't care.

Idk. I just don't see it as a privelige or something to get excited over. Forms...blah.

child_of_fire
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM
This was the first year BM got the forms after school and we were thrilled not to have to fill them out.

They were sent home the next day because they'd been done incorrectly. Oh well. Maybe next year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:02 PM
BM won't let DH fill out any paperwork. They are 50%, but for school reasons BM's address is listed as the primary address.

BM throws a big fit when DH asks about enrollment forms or volunteers to fill them out. The only reason DH asks is because the last two years, BM didn't include any of his info. She didn't even list him as SS's father. She listed her family (who lives over two hours away) as the closest emergency contact, even though DH and I live less than a mile from school.

Every year, about a week after school starts, DH takes the CO and goes to the school to correct the forms.
DeliteCrazy
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I'm just amazed its even a discussion. Wft? Whoever gets the forms fills them out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM

When DH was NCP they split it - she would hand him some and they would do it at open house.

Now that DH is CP she has only been to 1 and she stayed in the corner.

DeliteCrazy
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree..
Ours is online now I think. As long as each others info is on it, than who cares.

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Why is anyone fighting to fill out school forms? lol

So far DH hasn't had to fill out much for SD's school. BM lives 2.5 hours away. But I suppose if she wanted to help fill stuff out and could either do it on a pick up and drop off day or could fax it back then DH really wouldn't care.

Idk. I just don't see it as a privelige or something to get excited over. Forms...blah.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I can't imagine BM actually WANTING to fill out school paperwork.

I also don't think she could because she doesn't know much about SD's information (other than SD's name and DOB). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)