Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

And this is what happened!

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM
  • 62 Replies

My stepson had a huge bike accident yesterday.  His mom told us he fell off his bike in the driveway.  When my husband and I saw him this morning at his Dr. Appt., he told us he was going really fast down the street and lost control.  When we asked him where his mom was, he said she was inside with her girlfriend having drinks.  WTF?? She admitted to not watching him.  I can't understand why she would allow a 7 year old kid to play in the street without supervision.  His knees are both skinned and also his elbows. So sad that she would rather have drinks with her friend than supervising her son. He has had at least 10 huge accidents while with his mom and she never took him to the Dr.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lnr187
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

poor baby :( was he wearing a helmet? i feel like he wouldn't have gotten scrapes so high on his face if there were a helmet in the way...

leksismommy
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry this happened, but this could have happened whether she was inside or sitting on the porch watching him.

Shesmyworld1
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM
No helmet.
Shesmyworld1
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Point is he should not have been riding his bike on a busy street without supervision. He could've gotten hit by a car.
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Kids crash on their bikes.  I would be way more concerned that he wasn't wearing a helmet.  

By the way, he looks sort of proud of his wounds!

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this
DD5 did that exact same thing to her face running down the sidewalk. She tripped over her own feet and landed right on her face. It was 2 days before her 5th birthday.
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:50 AM
7 moms liked this
It's not smart to post photos of other people's children online. Especially an open forum.
Pero3
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:34 AM

In the 13 years since I've had DD, there have been numerous occasions when she got hurt which could have been avoided. Funnily enough, plenty of those occured in the 6.5 years when I was still with her BF.

Ever since we separated, whatever I do is analysed. Since BF never had any issue with my parenting before (in fact, he wrote to a friend that I was an excellent parent), I can only assume SM has the issue ... not that her issues are relevant, for all that it counts.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
He could have had a helmet on. DS won't wear one of the bulky tear shaped helmets. He only wears the natural shaped one DH bought. He keeps removing the visor. He crashes, about 50% of the time he scrapes his chin, nose or cheek. It's better than no helmet, which he ends up with if he has to wear the other helmet. He sneaks and takes it off.

I am glad he has no SM. I would probably have about an identical post written about me and my "unattended" child's bike and skateboard accident injuries.

Quoting pdxmum:

Kids crash on their bikes.  I would be way more concerned that he wasn't wearing a helmet.  

By the way, he looks sort of proud of his wounds!

SMInProgress
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

No helmet, 7yr riding on bike alone in the streets who, by the look of scrapes, really does need adult supervision & worse thing...mom having drinks with friends. That last one there, with our without helmet, you don't have cocktails where you can't see or get to them quick enough (even sober) when your young kid is mobile.  Bad idea. And 10 huge accidents, no going to doctor?? Sounds like BM has had cocktails at least 10x then. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN