Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM tried a fast one today...

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

And it didn't work. BM kept SD9 this past weekend for a family event, and in return, DH got SD Mon. morning thru Thurs. morning, partly for make up time, and partly so we could get SD new socks, undies, etc. for school. I work 6a-1p, and DH works 2-10p. 

I was at the store when I got a phone call, and the man identified himself as Police Officer R, and wanted to know if I had SD. I said yes, and he wanted to know why I was refusing to return SD to BM. WTF? Turns out, BM wanted SD today, like, now, and decided to just show up to get her, no call, text, smoke signal, nothing. I wasn't home when she got there, and I guess she waited "awhile", and when I didn't come home, called the cops. BM  told the cops I wasn't returning her calls or texts. Ummm, I never got any, and showed/gave the officer my phone. BM then tried to tell the officer I must've gotten my number changed, and didn't tell her. I have had the same number for years, and BM knows that, and I even showed the officer where BM had called me earlier in the week, on my CURRENT number. It was very frustrating, I have no idea WHY she did this other than to be a bitch, and all she did was get herself into trouble and look stupid. SD did go with BM, but w/o her new stuff b/c DH gets paid tomorrow, and was taking her in the morning.

Ticker id: NomlLilypie - (ZEi4)

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:01 PM
What does dh say about bm taking her early and pulling this crap?
SMInProgress
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Scare tactic is what I call it when a BM calls the police to come over so that she can get her way & try to prove you wrong.  If this isn't the first time, keep a log of it. Then eventually file a police report for harassment detailing each time the cops were called in for absurd reasons. And another if continues & another if continues further.  Calling the cops is a serious matter.  If she's doing it just to be spiteful & piss you off, then I'd claim harassment.

D-Town
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM

If she keeps calling the police with false reports, she can be charged. 

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Wow.  That's a new one.  If you and DH truly had not been returning her calls, that would be one thing.  But goodness....

lnr187
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

wow, what a nut! the cops aren't going to take her seriously if she keeps up this crap! bm in my sitch likes to bring the cops to pick up ss... there has never been an issue on our end. once they made a scene in front of the cops that THEY brought, and he almost arrested everyone! ugh so childish!

huntersmom1007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

This is what I was thinking. 

Quoting cmm443:

Next time I would tell DH to not let BM have his weekend for a family event.  If he does agree to trade always get it in writing and both of you should keep a copy until the trade days are over so you have proof in case she tries to pull this kind of thing again.  She sounds like a piece of work.

bottomline
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM

OMG. What a juvenile move. Did she think it would intimidate you? Well instead, she made herself look like a fool. Now the cops have her m.o. Good grief!

phoenixhuntress
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Curious???? How did officer get your cell phone number to call you at the store if BM hadn't given it to him?  Or am I missing something here?  

Quoting elisesmom922:

I was at the store when I got a phone call, and the man identified himself as Police Officer R, and wanted to know if I had SD. I said yes, and he wanted to know why I was refusing to return SD to BM. WTF? Turns out, BM wanted SD today, like, now, and decided to just show up to get her, no call, text, smoke signal, nothing. I wasn't home when she got there, and I guess she waited "awhile", and when I didn't come home, called the cops. BM  told the cops I wasn't returning her calls or texts. Ummm, I never got any, and showed/gave the officer my phone. BM then tried to tell the officer I must've gotten my number changed, and didn't tell her. I have had the same number for years, and BM knows that, and I even showed the officer where BM had called me earlier in the week, on my CURRENT number. It was very frustrating, I have no idea WHY she did this other than to be a bitch, and all she did was get herself into trouble and look stupid. SD did go with BM, but w/o her new stuff b/c DH gets paid tomorrow, and was taking her in the morning.

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Supposedly SF had it, but BM did not.

Quoting phoenixhuntress:

Curious???? How did officer get your cell phone number to call you at the store if BM hadn't given it to him?  Or am I missing something here?  

Quoting elisesmom922:

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Dh was mad and annoyed. We thought we were past this stuff, but apparently not. He said no more day swapping unless p/u is before he leaves for work. And BM is throwing a fit b/c that means SD has to be picked up at the latest 1:15.

Quoting luckystars2012:

What does dh say about bm taking her early and pulling this crap?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN