Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

scheduled induction on monday

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
im nervous and excited. the nurse and dr both asked how i was feeling and i answered honestly im more tired now than before in my pregnancy. my blood pressure has been showing mild eclampsia the last three weeks. dr decided to induce me on monday since ill be 39 weeks sunday and blood pressure is elevated. hubbys taking the day off monday and when he asked me how i feel about it i said nervous and excited. my youngest ss has been distancing himself since they could start seeing the baby move my tummy. im worried that hes gonna resent his baby brother. he loves my.son but knows he doesnt share a dad with my son. im not sure what to do. we get them every other weekend when school starts. this weekend is our weekend and i suggested hubbybsit down one on one with the nine year old and find out whats up. i just dont know what to.do. the oldest ss says their mom has been bashing me and the pregnancy because she is jealous. that worries me because it seems like ive just made a break through with my youngest ss and i dont want to feel like i lost him again. any ideas?
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
spicy0425
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Stop worrying about what the BM said. Stop worrying about whether your SS will think about his 1/2 siblings. Both of these you can't control. A good friend of mine said these wise words to me " if somebody gave you an apple and you took it, the apple belonged to you. If you didn't, the apple still belonged to that person. If somebody said something bad about you, if youd didn't take it in stride, just like the apple, then those ugly words stayed with that person and it had no effect on you".

All you can do is take care of the labor, come home healthy, be nice and be a decent SM to the step kid. If your SS shows any resentment, just calmly tell them "this baby doesn't know anything. But I am sure he/she loves to have an older sibling. You might be joking, don't worry, I'll spank the baby if he/she does naughty things to you, if he pulls your hair or take your toy, I'd make him give it back to you". 

I had the same worries like you did. I ran into similar problem. That was what I told my OSD (12 yrs old now) when she started showing some resentment and jealousy toward the baby.

ashesleigh
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM
hubby says im a worrywart and ss will get used to new baby like he did ds. it will be an adjustment for everyone.
spicy0425
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Amen !!

Quoting ashesleigh:

hubby says im a worrywart and ss will get used to new baby like he did ds. it will be an adjustment for everyone.

huntersmom1007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Make sure you involve him a lot with the new baby.  Give him certain things to do  that would be just for him. 

spicy0425
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM

This is a good advice. I will do it with my SDs. 

Quoting huntersmom1007:

Make sure you involve him a lot with the new baby.  Give him certain things to do  that would be just for him. 

Graceplustwo
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:04 AM
I was induced due to severe preeclampsia. Its HORRRRRRID. then just ended up with a c section. . Good luck. And screw bm all that matters is your family which she is NOT a member of. :)
Graceplustwo
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
As far as skids go, mine were 5, 9 when she was born. Both boys like yours. I have dd though. They adjusted well to the baby when she finally came home from nicu. We have boys every weekend. She is now one and they LOVEE their sister. Dont stress too much in your current condition. Not good for baby. And kids will be fine. New sibling won't kill them, they will adjust in time
SMInProgress
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Breathe...1,2,3, breath, 1,2,3 ...f@ck BM,  1,2,3...breath, 1,2,3, happy thoughts, 1,2,3...and that's all for now to worry about. You have your life time to worry about the rest :)  Congrats, eh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN