Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

hate to bash SM

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this
Eowe sms just stop! As long as they aren't destroying your home or beating you quit your whining. My sm had chores and allowance and I saw my dad 4 days a month. She made them miserable. You aren't going to mold sks into what you want them to be in 4 days. They should be about quality time with dh and you. Be a friend and be grateful you get to be the good guy. CSMs don't get this luxury. It's no wonder BMs hate us. You're trying to be a mommy to someone the teachers see more than you. That is all.... lol
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzy_ellie
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM

ohhh lordy...

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

have fun with that-my stepkids are at my house every weekend-they still live in my house-they still have to help with chores.

This is something BM/DH and I agreed on and carry through.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM
7 moms liked this

I doubt that is why BMs hate most SMs.

singlemom416
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM
3 moms liked this

All kids are treated equally in my house. If my child has chores to do my stepkids will help or I'll give them a chore of their own. Our house isn't a hotel or vacation spot. Not try to mold the kids just show and teach them that families not only play together they work together. We also make sure all kids get one on one time with each parent,family fun time.

DDDaysh
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM
3 moms liked this

popcorn

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM
3 moms liked this

SK's had chores when they came EOWE.  Now that they live with us they have more chores.

Giving chores doesn't make someone a Mommy.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM

what kind of chores are these kids doing EOWE?  Just curious. 

singlemom416
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Our kids had to help put dishes up,take out trash,set the table,do their own laundry,we did yard work it divide equally and picking up after themselves. 

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

What happens if the stepchildren want to be treated like the other children in the household instead of like special guests?

Melina74
by Melina on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM
9 moms liked this

Your SM gave you allowance for doing chores? What a bitch. 

Seriously, my home is not a hotel, there is no maid service.  When you are here you are treated like one of the family, and that comes complete with chores.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)