Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

divorce

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

Im getting a divorce. I raised my step child. I hardly get to see him now.  Who is in a situation like this or has been through this hell.

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:25 AM
I've never been in a situation like that it must be hard. Hang in there eventually things will get easier. How long were you in your sk's life? How old is he/she?
Quinn525
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:43 AM
I haven't but a good friend has. She raised two ss. Her husband left her when they were teenagers and she has not seen them in 20 years. I know it really hurts her, especially since she chose not to have children of her own. I keep trying to get her to join Facebook so she join reconnect, but that is a different battle. Best of luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I'm not in your situation but I have always feared that. Not that I'm close to divorce, just that I have always known that my marriage is my only connection to the kids I have raised. I'm sorry you're going through this.

DDDaysh
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I've gone through it.  It was very hard on me, but harder on the kids (my former SD and DS who are half sibs) because things went really sour eventually.  Time passes though, and seems to help.  

bottomline
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I haven't gone through divorce but I understand your feelings, having raised SK's already.  My heart breaks for you and what you must be going through right now. Do you have a good support system, friends and family that can be there for you right now? I hope you find peace.

SMInProgress
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Divorce is hard for anybody. I know it was hard for me. It may be just as hard for someone with skids or biokids. But it's such a loss.  I hope it gets easier for you. Whether there's finality or reconciliation-- either way, it will take time for you to get over or to adjust.  You need to protect yourself first before you're good for anyone else in any either of those situations. Hope you much luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN