Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

It's Saturday of a long holiday weekend...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are your plans?

I'm painting and weeding and school shopping.  Tonight I am making some chicken parmesan meatballs I found on Pinterest.  Tomorrow all of us are going kayaking.  Then another pinterst recipe of Honey Lime Tequila Shrimp Tacos.

We saw fun. Thursday night.  Outside.  In the rain.  It was great.

No plans for Monday.

What about you?

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DeliteCrazy
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Tonight is ds football game.
Sunday, he'll be working on his school project. Might go to a spinners game.
Monday is the labor day parade, and cookout thingy. That night probably hang out with neighbors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I worked the PM last night and the early AM today. Not even 12 hours in between.  I'm whooped!  But my Dad is coming in right now as I type.  My DH is picking him up at Union Station just about now and I am going to get dinner going.

We're going to hit some museums over the weekend and do some cooking.  THat's something we've found in common.  So we'll see.  WIll be the first time in over 20 years that I've been under the same roof with my dad overnight! 

As much as I'd love a long, relaxing weekend w/ hubby as we come up to our 2 year wedding anniversary...I'm excited about this weekend.

:)

Hope you all enjoy yours!

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM
4 moms liked this
Well.. SD is at BMs until Monday and DD is out of town with my inlaws until Monday.

So far I've gotten a pedicure, been out to eat and had some much needed alone time with DH. It's been a WONDERFUL day. I'm hoping the rest of my kid free weekend is the same. Then on Tuesday I have an OB appt. :)
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Tonight is a family night. We're gonna order pizza and play board games, and maybe watch an episode of Doctor Who (all the kids are obsessed).

Tomorrow we're gonna have a BBQ with my family. Monday is a day to just relax and prepare for the first week of school. SD has orientation for middle school from 8-12 Tuesday, DH starts his new job Tuesday, and school starts Wednesday :)

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Will you find out how far along you are? :)

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Well.. SD is at BMs until Monday and DD is out of town with my inlaws until Monday.

So far I've gotten a pedicure, been out to eat and had some much needed alone time with DH. It's been a WONDERFUL day. I'm hoping the rest of my kid free weekend is the same. Then on Tuesday I have an OB appt. :)

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Well we were BBQing and such this weekend, until some insect bit me this afternoon.  Now I GIGANTIC hive on my leg - seriously - it looks like an egg - and I am in a Benadryl fog.  My whole leg is swollen below the knee and painful to the touch.  YAY....I need a bubble.  

Graceplustwo
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I love pinterest. I'm about to take a nap. LO has been teething so bad and up all night. Skids are at a bday party so this is rare I get a nap on the weekend night.. lol
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM

DH has me supplied with enough liquor to get me to Monday :)

Tomorrow is Sunday-I'mma start my day off wonderfully having to see Queen Vomita's face bright and early (MIL)

kick the stepkids out the door to spend the day with her (whether they want to or not)

snuggle time with Princess and just enjoy a quiet day :)

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. They're gonna do an ultrasound around 8;30 am

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Will you find out how far along you are? :)

Quoting amanda_mom89:

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM
We just got back from a long walk (wagon ride for DD and littlest-lazy-dog). It was a lot of fun until we realized there was leeches in the river we were playing in. Now it's pizza and UFC time after some very hot showers.

Tomorrow we spend with FIL. Beach and dinner type stuff.

Monday will be spent painting posters for DD's school and getting her prepared. Probably making a giant batch of spaghetti, too. It's my favorite leftover lunch. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN