Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dies anyone else have no issues with a BM?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM
  • 19 Replies
Just wondering? My twin step children's mother likes me, respects my views, expects me to be an active participant in their life. She also asks how I am to my husband, asks after our child who she treats as her children brother (which is the case).. I could go on and on.
Now my husband had other relationships between his ex wife and myself and she didnt always get along with those women so its not that she is just an agreeable person.

I also respect her as my step kids mother. She birthed and raised them and is doing a damn good job as they are incredible 15 year olds. I could go on but that's not the pint if this post.

I really would like to know if other families live like this? Or are we in the minority?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really have any issues with my stepkids mother. sometimes she does things that I just can't relate to. For example, yesterday we moved SS18 into college - his mother went camping instead, she didn't want to participate. Stuff like that, she's just not that involved. But really, that is her choice. She loves her kids and her kids love her and they have a good relationship. She doesn't interfer in our business at all. All my complaints about her are petty and minor.

I also have no issues with my kids' stepmother. She has never wanted to be involved with my kids at all, but they don't mind. They like her, I have never heard them complain about her, so as far as I'm concerned, she's doing just fine as a stepmother.

Remy11
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Bump
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I haven't had any issues with BM in years, we despise each other over past issues but we don't interact, my issues these days are usually some nonsense thing DH does or was planning to do.

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

chanizen
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM

At the moment, I wouldn't know if I have issues with bm.  She isn't on my radar and hasn't been for a long time.  I respect her as a parent.  She has agreed to do things which have benefitted my child.  I don't really know bm.  She is dh's responsibility.

spicy0425
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Your situation is probably one of the best on the extreme. It's nice to know there are BMs who do an excellent job as a bio-mother, who do an excellent job of communicating with other females/SMs in an intelligent and cordial manner for her sanity and the sanity of the family where her kids share with their bio-father and their SMs.  Bravo!!

KLBrown
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM
All this BM jazz... She's not too shabby as far as BM's go. Just had dinner at her place last night.

My kids have no SM that I'm aware of.

Quoting whatIknownow:

I don't really have any issues with my stepkids mother. sometimes she does things that I just can't relate to. For example, yesterday we moved SS18 into college - his mother went camping instead, she didn't want to participate. Stuff like that, she's just not that involved. But really, that is her choice. She loves her kids and her kids love her and they have a good relationship. She doesn't interfer in our business at all. All my complaints about her are petty and minor.

I also have no issues with my kids' stepmother. She has never wanted to be involved with my kids at all, but they don't mind. They like her, I have never heard them complain about her, so as far as I'm concerned, she's doing just fine as a stepmother.

newwife1
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I have zero interaction with his ex wife. No reason for me to ever deal with her or speak to her about anything.

I have issues about the type of person she is, which is why I refuse to associate with her in any way. I would never associate with someone like her.

At the end of the day, as long as she keeps her nose out of my home and my marriage I have no issue to speak of.

SMInProgress
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

It's fantastic you have a great relationship with BM! But it's the luck of the draw or maybe just takes hindsight too.

My dd's SM & I (as the BM) get along extremely well. We have been co-parently well for over 20 years.  However, my BM & I (as the SM) are the exact opposite. It's a nightmare to behold.

Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM

We have a good relationship and make the best of it. I respect her. I think she's doing the best she can. I still have some issues with some of the things she does. But none of them are worth fighting over. 

rache71
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I have no BM drama....but only because her parental rights were terminated. I have known her for a long time though and know if she was still "mom" life would be hell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)