Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

after custody

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 32 Replies
Well in May we went through a custody battle and won. While bm had the kids we was paying $193 a week. We haven't gotten a dime from her and the school shopping was crazy. She has all the cloths from last year and we had to pay half for. But she said the the kids can't have them cuz she is going to give them away. Really you can't help your kids out
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

The clothes probably dont even fit if they were last years clothes.

If she isnt paying, take her to court for contempt. If she isnt paying her CO'd CS, has her license been suspended yet or any action taken by the state?

SMInProgress
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this

In my opinion, even if the kids need it this year, just leave it.  You don't want another battle to fight with a vindictive BM like that, while the kids are off to school in their new "primary" home.  When we won full custody of skid, BM wanted to come over to drop off his clothes that no longer fit.  She has a long history of starting fights in front of skid.  DH told her to keep it & we bought sales, just to avoid any of BMs drama.  Think for now, you should do the same. I know it's harder financially but lets face it, court's not cheap either.  The next battle should only be about getting CS from her, which seems promising considering you have them in your care. Congrats on getting custody btw :)

sarahsue2012
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! She just pisses me off. When she gets the kids for the weekend she doesn't keep them the whole time and she brings them home with tomatoes. Really come on don't send us your stupid sh**. Try helping with your children
Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting sarahsue2012:

Thanks! She just pisses me off. When she gets the kids for the weekend she doesn't keep them the whole time and she brings them home with tomatoes. Really come on don't send us your stupid sh**. Try helping with your children

Tomatoes? Like actual tomatoes? LOL I will take tomatoes. The kids eat those.lol Sorry

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I'd like BM to send tomatoes too, LOL

The only thing she sends SD home with is constipation. 

Quoting Tillymommie:

Quoting sarahsue2012:

Tomatoes? Like actual tomatoes? LOL I will take tomatoes. The kids eat those.lol Sorry

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM

When DH got custody BM sent bags and bags of clothes for SD. We had to get rid of all of it because nothing fit. SD was 12 and wearing a size XL (14/16 shirt) and size 14 pants. None of the clothes were bigger than a 10/12 and a majority of them were size 7/8.

Check out Good Will or another second hand/thrift store. You can usually find some great things. I got DD pants that still had their original tags on :)

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM

oh goodness, we had the opposite this year. the kids came back with bags of clothes. the biggest stepkid is a 7/8 and less than half the clothes fit. most were in the 12/14 range. then some 12 month...

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

When DH got custody BM sent bags and bags of clothes for SD. We had to get rid of all of it because nothing fit. SD was 12 and wearing a size XL (14/16 shirt) and size 14 pants. None of the clothes were bigger than a 10/12 and a majority of them were size 7/8.

Check out Good Will or another second hand/thrift store. You can usually find some great things. I got DD pants that still had their original tags on :)

DDDaysh
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM
3 moms liked this

Hate to break it to you, but that's sort of what you signed up for when your husband went for custody.  At least you're getting some produce out of the deal...  

Quoting sarahsue2012:

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I think it's pretty common for the custodial parent to have to provide all of the basics within the budget they've got.  The CS isn't something you "count on".  If she's not paying, take appropriate legal action.  But in the meantime, you have to find a way to get the kids what they need.  That's the way it works. 

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM

School shopping for us was out of control too.  My SD is going into 9th grade and we spent $230 on just her school supplies!  Then clothes, shoes, school spirit gear, yearbook, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN