Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Football This Early Morning!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
My skids have their 2nd game this morning!! 7am at the field for an 8am game and who is here ME! :)

Like I have always who is their for them 24/7 making sure they have everything and yet I always get they are not "your" kids which duh I know but it bothers me that if I do all of this for them not because I have to but because I want to see them happy...then why would BM not want to..and yes people I know I'm doing it for DH and my skids but that's when I guess I have my venting because I feel as a mom you would want to be there for every important time for your kids and can't understand how someone doesn't have that feeling

Well lets get this game started!!!
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amantonacci
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Why doesn't dad want to be there?

Momma_1985
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM
He will be in a little bit....he worked last night 3rd shift
huntersmom1007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Some people have kids but dont want to take time to go to their activities. Sad.
packermomof2
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It isn't a big deal to not go to every single game for your kids.  Was your husband there?  If he ever misses a game you go to make sure you come here and berate him as well.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My skids are at the field over an hour away from home. SO coaches, I go. BM never goes. Oh well. She misses out
DeliteCrazy
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM
At football practice, its only me and another mom, everyone else high tails it outta there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma_1985
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Lol you always have an answer....he hasn't missed any events yet....he worked third shift slept for an hour and showed up hmmm I guess you are a BM that probably misses things and looks for excuses

Quoting packermomof2:

It isn't a big deal to not go to every single game for your kids.  Was your husband there?  If he ever misses a game you go to make sure you come here and berate him as well.

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
It sucks. I know. Bm only comes to big events if there will be a photo opportunity to plaster over fb.

It really breaks my heart for ss when he asks why she's not there...
dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I disagree with that. Unless its something the parent absolutely can't get out of.

My parents missed exactly one of my events in high school (I played golf and tennis, and also cheered for football and basketball).
Actually, I was so hurt that they didn't show up that I walked right past my shiny new mustang sitting in the garage. They missed the match because they were buying me a car for my birthday.

Dh's parents were the same way. So we will be at every event.

Quoting packermomof2:

aeELE
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's awesome that you are there for everything and such a great supporter!

I also think you would be happier if you didn't worry about what goes on in BM's head. ;)

Enjoy these great moments- it sounds like you do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)