Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Thank you.....

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

I made a post the other day that kinda got out of control but maybe more so in a good way than a bad.  Although, I was a little dishearted at first.  I kept rereading some of your (in general) answers.  I decided that I was sick of talking about our relationship.  I decided to let him read it.  

I asked him to read the entire thing, the whole 70 some odd answers.  Your answers, my answers, etc. 

I think he was taken aback by my answers to things.  Maybe some of y'alls too. 

Saturday morning, he watched the baby while I took my older son to Karate.  

Today, I went out for most of the day while he took care of the boys.  We both did a few little projects around the house together.  He is helping me with a huge pile of laundry that needs doing.  

He promised to take at least 1 weekend day, and 1 weeknight with no overtime.  

He told me he was sorry I felt that way and he never meant to.  He said we will work something out for Wednesdays but he has to talk to his ex wife first.  (She is changing jobs and may need him to change his days, she called about it yesterday apparently.)  

He said he didn't mean for me to feel that way.  

I don't know- only time will tell if they are lasting changes or just "trying to make me happy and shut up" changes.  So, thank you- for making me face some facts and also for helping me to communicate with him in a more effective manner, even though that wasn't the point of the post. 

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Talis
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

The key to a successful marriage is communication.

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I have shared stuff from here with DH.  It has helped him.  

What are you doing for yourself?

Fullhouse1168
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Oh I love showing dh this site...."I'm not the only one who thinks you're an ass!" Lol sometimes dhs hear us gripe so much they write off every complaint as nagging. Different people validating your thoughts gave them merit. My dh is always in work mode too. Granted it's his ideas of supporting us but he forgets when he does ot so do I. I was stuck at home with no vehicle for 3 mos with 4kids so I know how hard it is. Glad he's helping out!
ramita
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Hope something is able to be worked out. In a good relationship each person should give a little and at other times take a little. It's something that some people do have to be reminded of.
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Glad to hear that it helped generate a good discussion for you guys.  Please do keep in mind though that different situations warrant different tactics.  What works here for some may not be a good fit for you.

I hope that you'll find some ways to reach out on your own in your local community and find a way to "do for yourself" so that you aren't wholly dependent on your DH for every break or every happiness.  Finding your own community IRL is very wise.

lnr187
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM

so glad things are working out! i hope things continue this way :)

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I've done the same thing with showing DH a post of mine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)