Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

whats your relationship w sk like

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 25 Replies
How is your relationship with your sk(s). How old are they are u custodial or eow? What kind of love do you have for them?
Idk any other step parents so I'm just curious to view how other sm/sk relationships are.
No judgement or bashing please
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talis
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My relationship with SD is great...when she is here. When she goes home...complete silence. I hear from her very little. But when she is here I am "super step mom" plenty of cuddling, plenty of hugs, giggles and affection. I don't blame her when she goes home, BM doesnt like me, so it doesnt surprise me when i don't hear from SD, just makes me sad sometimes. I miss her when she is gone. We are currently EOW and once a week overnight. But i work weeknights so i only see her for a few hours before i head to work. But every smile, every moment i get to spend with her completely surpasses all the frustrations, worries, and sadness. I love her to pieces. If she never realizes how much....i love her still.

sarahsmommy430
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM
That's great! How old is she?

Quoting Talis:

My relationship with SD is great...when she is here. When she goes home...complete silence. I hear from her very little. But when she is here I am "super step mom" plenty of cuddling, plenty of hugs, giggles and affection. I don't blame her when she goes home, BM doesnt like me, so it doesnt surprise me when i don't hear from SD, just makes me sad sometimes. I miss her when she is gone. We are currently EOW and once a week overnight. But i work weeknights so i only see her for a few hours before i head to work. But every smile, every moment i get to spend with her completely surpasses all the frustrations, worries, and sadness. I love her to pieces. If she never realizes how much....i love her still.

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Pretty good. She's a good kid. Its has been a bumpy road but I think things are getting better as days, months and years go on.
ksuttle2012
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM

My stepdaughter is my little shadow when she's here...she follows me into every room I go! And I love it! Love that girl to pieces, but like Talis, we rarely hear from her when she's not here. Or her brothers. It's because their mother is catty and doesn't like her communicating with us, well, me. But she's a good girl...shopping trips, road trips, concerts...we've had a ton of fun together! 

Talis
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM

She is 10.

Quoting sarahsmommy430:

That's great! How old is she?

Quoting Talis:

Talis
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Exact same story. Sorry to hear you are going through this as well. Its really tough sometimes, but keep your head up. In the end it will be worth it.

Quoting ksuttle2012:

My stepdaughter is my little shadow when she's here...she follows me into every room I go! And I love it! Love that girl to pieces, but like Talis, we rarely hear from her when she's not here. Or her brothers. It's because their mother is catty and doesn't like her communicating with us, well, me. But she's a good girl...shopping trips, road trips, concerts...we've had a ton of fun together! 

Evil_Stepmom
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM
My ss and I don't get along. We argue about EVERYTHING. It's exhausting.
Seychelles1409
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM

My SD and I get along great; I love her very much.  She's 22.

I have no relationship whatsoever with my SS; I cannot stand to be around him or look into his eyes.  He has hurt me, lied about me, hurt my DH, and I do not trust him.  He's 25.  

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM

SD is 13, DH is CP, BM is supposed to get EOWE, but generally just takes one visit a month (and usually that visit is just BM taking SD to BM's mom's house where SD hangs out with grandma and BM does her own thing with her friends).

I've been in SD's life since she was 1 1/2, and DH and I have been married since she was 2. She's a pretty awesome kid, exceptionally awesome compared to most teenagers :)

I love her pretty close to as if she were my own, the only difference is the type of bond I have with her. There's a different bond when you've grown a child in your body and birthed them. (I have 3 bio-children, DS 10, DD 6, and DD 5). 

looneytunes290
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Skids are18 and 22. Haven't seen the oldest in over two years. Have only seen the youngest a couple of times in the last two years. Everything started out okay, but as the years went by kind of deteriorated. My skids dot really have relationships with people that don't include lots of ups and downs and drama. Their mother is like that. I went through a few of their drama filled cycles but then I pretty much checked out. It is sad for dh, but he does understand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)