Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Cranky pants SD

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

This was supposed to be BM's weekend. BM text DH and cancelled 6 minutes before she was supposed to pick up SD. SD was a bit upset, but really didn't say much. We had DH's company picnic Saturday. SD had a great time and everyone got cool prizes. Friday evening, all day Saturday (except for when we were at DH's picnic) and all day today SD got to hang out with this boy she has a crush on. He visits his dad EOWE.

Anyways, tonight SD got into a CRANKY mood and was being snotty to everyone. She said no one cared about her and she felt like crap, and burst into tears :( poor thing. I asked her what made her feel like no one cared, and she said she was mad that her mom didn't want to take her this weekend, and that her mom didn't even text her until today about being sick, and she knows her mom COULD have hung out with her, because she had medicine for more than 24 hours.

I went over some things her counselor has taught her about how to deal with this kind of stuff and she finally calmed down and was doing OK. I reminded her she wouldn't have been able to hang out with her friend if she had gone with BM, so maybe hanging out with him could be her back up plan on the weekends that BM has to cancel. She liked that idea :)

Once she was finally calmed down and back to normal, I reminded her that it's not acceptable to be mean to others because she's mad at someone else. I made sure she remembered her coping techniques that her counselor has taught her.

I really hope BM doesn't cancel her next visit. 

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM

You handled that one really well.  It sounds like, overall, she had a better weekend than she realized.

lnr187
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

poor girl :( i hope this doesn't happen too often. but i think you handled it very well.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Eh, who knows with BM? She seems to be all talk when it comes to being a decent parent. She makes all sorts of promises. SD texted her Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, BM didn't reply any of those days. It wasn't until Saturday around 3pm that BM finally texted SD, and SD was kinda pissed that DH had to be the one telling SD BM wasn't coming.

Quoting lnr187:

poor girl :( i hope this doesn't happen too often. but i think you handled it very well.

ramita
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I hate hearing stuff like this! I feel bad for the poor kids who have to deal with those feelings. My SS's BM did similar stuff when she was calling, and it would break his heart.
ChelseNichole
by Chelse on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Awww. That poor girl. I know exactly how she feels. It's tough knowing your MOM, of all people, cares more about other things than you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)