Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

how to handle other parents judgements on your parenting vs. there's

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have a nieghbor that judges everything I do and say as a parent and its really starting to make me mad and its taking everything for me not to go off on her. For example my 6y/o son and one of his friends started fighting and hitting each other and she wasn't outside had no idea who started it or why but like always blamed my son. Well his friend keep trying to take my sons bike away after my son said no so his friend hit him and mine started hitting back. My son told the truth and even his friend said he hit first not my son and she still blamed my son. But when I was telling my son that if someone ever hits him then he comes get me and not to hit back unless he has to to get away from someone and that no matter how mad at someone he gets not to ever hit anyone first to go hit a baseball afew times or kick his kick ball into his net to help calm him down and my neighbor said no to never go hit or kick anything ever. I'm sorry but I rather my son take out his anger in a sports way then kepping it all in and I am about to go off on this women. What should I do. My kids are not friends woth her kid the sad thing is on a street full of kids her kids have no friends and aren't even allowed outside for more then 30 mins a day. She even home schools them so they really have no friends. I don't judge her on how she parents and I don't think she has any right telling me how to parent. What do y'all think I should handle her.
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christyabbey
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell her to kiss your butt. How you parent is none of here business. How you choose to redirect your child is none of her business. 

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have ignored her and restated what I wanted my child to do. No point arguing with someone who thinks they know what is best for your child.

jaycam
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Lol that's what I want to do but my husband is worried that it may cause drama on the street. My son is a boy and I mean boy he does not stay clean he was playing in the water in a friends yard and my made a lot of mud well both my son and his friend sat I n the mud and it looked like they pooped their paints and when I want to get my daughter to take a shower she asked me if my son was in the tube when I laughed and said yes that we was covered in mud she tried telling me it wasn't. I'm sorry I put my son in the bath and took his mud short to wash them I think if he pooped like she said it would of been all over his underwear and butt but it wasn't. She never seen that they were playing in the water and mud. I'm sorry both my son and daughter aren't scared of getting dirty and I'm not gojng to make them come inside and change everytime they get alittle dirty. They would literally be changing 4-5 times a day if not more.
newstepmom61811
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM

If it happens where she butts in again I would look her directly in the eye, without a blink and firmly say " thank you BUT I have my child handled and am teaching MY child what I want him to know, I don't appreciate the interference". That should take care off it. You won't be best buddies, but something tells me that wasn't a concern of yours to begin with, I get the feeling you just want her to leave you alone, this should achieve that.

jaycam
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Ive tire to be friendly with her. I always say hi or wave and i'll talk with her but i get the feeling that she doesn't like me and Im not the only mom on our street that feels that way and she does it with my other neighbor thats son is good friends with mine and she judges everyone and everything but for some reason Im the only parent that she will tell that Im parenting my kids wronge and she does it right in front of my kids. I don't agree that kids should be home schooled at young ages and some of her parenting ways but I keep them to myself and I would never tell her infront of her kids that shes doing something wronge or tell her kids in away not to listen to her like she does with me. I just really don't know if i should keep biting my tounge or just tell her as nice as I can that she needs to stop.

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Can you just stop talking to her?

singlemom416
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I would have told her to stfu and worry about her own damn kids and let me worry about mine.

teaching_kids
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I would handle her by remaining calm and direct
"Please don't interfere with my parenting"
lnr187
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM

why is she even involved in the whole thing? next time, i would just say that you're his mother and you have it covered. she can do things her way, and you can do things your way.

iamsunflower
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just continue to reinforce what you are already teaching your son. They are children and sometimes they fight over things. Sometimes we as parents make things worst than what they really are, brush it off, but if it continues talk with the mom and if doesn't want to agree to disagree then you have the right to tell your child not to play with the other child. It appears that this child is not being socialized enough. I have the same issue when it comes to what time my children should be in bed. There is no way that they will ever make it to bed by 8pm, because of their activities and homework, I let people speak all they want but until they come to my house to help out then their point is mute to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN