Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Birth control options

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am 29 and have 2 kids of my own and a SD. Me and my DH do not have any kids together and have had talks about but I'm starting to think that we've been together for 5 years and we're not going to be having a baby together which I am fine with. I am on the pill now and Im tired of having to take it every day or just remebering to take it every day and started looking into other opitons. I am at the point were I don't want anymore kids so I have been looking into the Essure. Has anyone had this done and if so how was it after pain wise and have you had any side effects from it.

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have Mirena IUD.  I love it.

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I didn't ever have it, but I personally wouldn't get it. It has very bad reviews/side affects across the board. A friend had it, and it migrated out of her tube on one side, into her abdominal cavity. She had to have major surgery done to get it fixed and repair damage. I would check into it.

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I had one of the worst experiences with mine. It got stuck in the side of my uterus and had to be surgically removed. Not fun.

Quoting OvrMyHead:

Ticker id: NomlLilypie - (ZEi4)

CarrieGemenon19
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I had the Essure done three weeks ago. It wasn't particularly comfortable, but it wasn't bad either. After the procedure I was nauseous & faint. The next few days just crampy. I've had the ParaGard IUD for years- loved it! Although your hubby might complain about the strings poking him during intercourse. (I only had the Essure done as I have to have the NovaSure procedure done in lieu of a hysterectomy, otherwise I would stick with the IUD. )

CarrieGemenon19
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM

PS- My opinion is always: if you can get away from using anything with hormones....thats the way to go. Essure and ParaGard IUD doesn't have hormones like the Merena IUD or, obviously, the pill.

jaycam
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I don't want to get the iud because it has to be has changed out every few years or so and I don't want to have to mess with all that so I want something that once its done its done and getting my tubes tied is not a option for me.

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Have you talked to your DH about this?  A lot of docs are hesitant to proceed w/o the husband on board.  The easier option would be for DH to have a vasectomy if you guys truly don't want anymore.  Less risk than any of the other options you listed.

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yikes!  I've had mine since my daughter was born, and she is 9.  Actually I'm on my 2nd Mirena because they only last 5 years.  But I love it, no side effects at all. 

Quoting elisesmom922:

I had one of the worst experiences with mine. It got stuck in the side of my uterus and had to be surgically removed. Not fun.

Quoting OvrMyHead:

Married, CSM to SD14 & SS12, CBM to DS12 & DD9

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too!!! 

Quoting OvrMyHead:

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

jaycam
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Dh wont get the big V as he calls. I kinda talk to my DH a little lastnight about it but didn't really seem to care about talking about it. He has gone back and forth on having another kid. He seem to not want to have anymore other then having another so it makes it kind of hard. Now Im starting to wounder if i should just try the iud for afew years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)