Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
After talking with dh I've decided I'm going to go with him to ss orientation tonight. I had reservations but dh wants me there.
Any other sm's go to these functions??
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
Momma_1985
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I am going mostly because BM won't come and DH has custody so the whole family goes
othermomforD
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

After I married DH, I had him go to back to school night since BM never went. Last year, DH had a class that night and I went for him. BM was mad that I went but I sat in the back of the classroom since DH was CP. BM sat right in front of the teacher. I told DH about the communication book that the teacher spoke about that night. In Oct, we seen a note BM wrote to the teacher stating she didn't know about the communication book. The teacher wrote back that she spoke about it during back to school night. This is why we go because BM don't pay attention to what is being told and she tends to lie to DH about ss doing good in school when he really is not. DH would ask the teacher and they would tell him something different than what BM tells him.

Talis
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I go to as much as i can when it comes to SD. She is a part of DH and therefore a part of my family as well.

Fullhouse1168
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM
ALL of them! Lol Just once I'd like to have a brea'
CarrieGemenon19
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Yes SO & I went to SS kindergarten orientation to meet his teacher.  BM was there and everything went just fine.

Our boys go to different schools, so when we had orientation with my sons teacher...me & my SO, my ex and his GF and my son were all at my house with his two teachers.

We are not friends by any means, but we are civilized when we are around eachother for the sake of the kids.

newstepmom61811
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:29 PM

DH and I both go...DH goes because he has to, I go because the kids ask me to...as for BM...not sure where she is at the current moment or when she'll show up again...

Jeni317
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Is it wrong for me to feel left out because by bf didn't want me to join him to my SS school orientation? I mean I know his mom dislikes me and honestly she never has spoken a word to me but just completely ignores me however we've been together for 6 years now and sometimes I feel left out when he doesn't want me to come with.

Am I being complicated?

kss12
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.
BUT.. No it's not weird that you feel left out. You're entitled to feel the way you feel. I'm assuming dad and mom have everything under control. Dh wanted/asked me to go so I did and it went really well.. I met all his teachers found out more about what he's going through starting middle school so I can help him the best I can when he comes home for homework. Maybe he feels that ss is a burden to you therefore doesn't want to make you feel like you HAVE to be involved.

Quoting Jeni317:

Is it wrong for me to feel left out because by bf didn't want me to join him to my SS school orientation? I mean I know his mom dislikes me and honestly she never has spoken a word to me but just completely ignores me however we've been together for 6 years now and sometimes I feel left out when he doesn't want me to come with.

Am I being complicated?

EricaG87
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Yes, I go and BM and I make nice.  We laugh and chat and exchange pleasantries.  She brough her boyfriend the first year I went and DH and I did the same with him. This year she brought her mother and the same was done with her. We try to make SD and the people around us feel comfortable even though we don't all see eye to eye.

runinpinkshoes
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I wouldn't go if I felt BM wouldn't want me there. Otherwise I'd like to go because I'm married to a man with kids and I want to show an interest in their lives. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN