Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

lol Gotta love the state :)

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 15 Replies

About every 3-4 months Dh gets a check back from DSHS because they took too much out of his checks for child support. Usually it's between $70-$90...

Today Dh got a check for $171 dollars! Holy crap Washington! 

The unexpected money is nice though :)

Anyone else get this?

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melina74
by Melina on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't, but congrats on them even admitting they screwed up AND getting it back!

jeniemarie
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM
yep we used to when we paid cs. we live in washington too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmom1007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Careful. This has happened and my husband has been turned out then owing money because they screwed up. Have him call. They will not take responsibility for it.
Tx_stepmom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM

This only happened shortly after DH won custody of SS.  This was before the CS went into effect.  It was a nice little bonus!  I told DH to put it in the bank and see if they came back saying he owed it back to them.  Never heard anything.  I think it was the CS money that BM had been receiving when she was CP.  When BM was served custody papers she immediately caved and gave physical custody to us.  This was 5 months before our actual court date.  In the meantime, DH still had to pay CS.  Even though we had physical custody of SS, we didn't have legal custody of him.  The judge was told that we had had physical custody of SS for the last 5 months and I think this money was from the CS Debit Card that BM had.  She did not willingly hand over the CS money each month.  In her mind, she didn't have to raise SS but yet she was still getting CS.  It sucked, but we had to wait to get into court.  When we got that money, that's when BM started complaining about money problems.....

SP_Mama
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM

We're still working on DH getting the CS he's owed.

Tx_stepmom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM

We figured that we would have to fight to get that money back, but we didn't.  I'm glad that the judge was on our side.  BM made it easier for us though.  

In her required written response to the court after she was served, she tried "telling" the court that she felt like she shouldn't have to pay CS to DH and only wanted to pay "X" amount for medical support and if it was over a certain dollar amount she would put SS on CHIPS.  BM, you gave up custody and you're trying to dictate to the court what medical SS will have?  DH had always paid for SS medical!  The court just basically laughed at her and gave DH everything he wanted.    

Quoting SP_Mama:

SP_Mama
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM

We're in Texas too and BM settled out of court that DH would get primary physical with joint physical.  She agreed to pay $100 in CS and half of all uncovered medical expenses (DH has SS on his insurance).  It's been a year and she hasn't paid anything.  Right now, SS's medical bills are outrageous.  One doctor bill is $200 per visit and he's been 6 times in the past year, meds costing about $150 a month and now physical therapy costing us $190 a week. 

I'm glad your DH is getting his money back.  It's nice when the system actually works.  *L*

Quoting Tx_stepmom:

We figured that we would have to fight to get that money back, but we didn't.  I'm glad that the judge was on our side.  BM made it easier for us though.  

In her required written response to the court after she was served, she tried "telling" the court that she felt like she shouldn't have to pay CS to DH and only wanted to pay "X" amount for medical support and if it was over a certain dollar amount she would put SS on CHIPS.  BM, you gave up custody and you're trying to dictate to the court what medical SS will have?  DH had always paid for SS medical!  The court just basically laughed at her and gave DH everything he wanted.    

Quoting SP_Mama:

ramita
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM
This has happened several times to my DH and we're in Louisiana. Especially around income tax. If his payment didn't make it there by the first it would get taken out of the income tax even if the payment was there before the income tax money was taken. Then they would turn around and send the money back.
ramita
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Don't worry, my DH filed for child support last September, and he was suppose to get it, but BM's lawyer stopped it because of a child support judgement (it had been paid for 2 years) on his credit. So needless to say we got the judgement off his credit, but her lawyer said he isn't handling her case anymore so now DH's lawyer is waiting to when we go back to court (whenever that'll be) to get the judge to sign off on the child support.

Quoting SP_Mama:

Tx_stepmom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM

DH & BM have 50/50 with DH being Custodial Parent.  All BM cares about is her visitation.  That's it.  DH didn't even ask for the customary 20% for child support.  All BM pays is $200 for CS and $50 Medical, which is way less than half of what DH was having to pay.  And she still bitched about it.  My In-laws said that we shouldn't even make her pay that if anything at all.  They were afraid that it would be a point of contention in the court case.  I told them that she had no problem at all taking DH money all those years.  Plus she's willing to let some other woman (Me) raise her son, she needs to pay something.  Make her remember why she's having to pay.  As a mother, I could never just give my child up as quickly as she did.  She called me within minutes of being served papers and said, "Fine you can have him."  Like he was a possession, not a human being.  

Quoting SP_Mama:

We're in Texas too and BM settled out of court that DH would get primary physical with joint physical.  She agreed to pay $100 in CS and half of all uncovered medical expenses (DH has SS on his insurance).  It's been a year and she hasn't paid anything.  Right now, SS's medical bills are outrageous.  One doctor bill is $200 per visit and he's been 6 times in the past year, meds costing about $150 a month and now physical therapy costing us $190 a week. 

I'm glad your DH is getting his money back.  It's nice when the system actually works.  *L*

Quoting Tx_stepmom:

Quoting SP_Mama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)