Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

They took her off her meds

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 23 Replies

Sd11 has not been to our house in roughly 5 or 6 weeks. Her behavior here was getting out of hand so dh decided that, since she didn't want to be here and bm is not coparenting with him, he would let her go to every other weekend. Then she didn't want to come so he didn't make her come. He talked to her a couple times a week. They are supposed to change the co. They haven't yet so they both still have 50\50 physical and legal custody.

I go to pick her up. Bm hands me a bottle with her focalin. I ask where is the risperdal. She says,"oh we took her off that." we meaning bm and SF. She said psyche dr said she could try her without it and see "what happens." I assume dh knows this because she is supposed to consult him on these things and they are supposed to decide together. She was on it for aggression. She beats on her little brothers here and came after me when I was pregnant. And there were a few incidents at school. Also the doctor had upped her dose just a few months before because her behavior was getting worse.

so I am a little worried. I don't know if they just stopped cold turkey or weaned her like you are supposed to. I don't know if she is going to be ok without it or flip out on someone. I told dh that he hadn't changed the co yet so I didn't think changing visitation and such was the best idea til he does get the co changed. I just don't know. I hope she will be ok. Justworried.

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't be around her alone.
Also I wouldn't let other kids unwatched near her either.
The rest let the parents to worry.
You should just make sure you/your kids/other stepkids( if there are any kids in the house) stay safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

That's what I am doing. I am trying very hard to stay out of the middle with dh and bm. I let them involve me way too much before and learned my lesson on that.

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Good:)

Quoting LittleMama2012:

That's what I am doing. I am trying very hard to stay out of the middle with dh and bm. I let them involve me way too much before and learned my lesson on that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmom1007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Have your husband call her doctor first thing Monday unless you have a way to contact him/her now. That would make me wonder. How long has it been since she has been to visit?
Amy1973Potts
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM
People are put on Risperdal for a damn good reason and should be on it looooonnng term.

Stay away from kid, have dad call dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tx_stepmom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

As a step-parent, Dr's offices will not talk to you.  Unless you have a letter or MPOA on file.  All we did was get a notarized letter giving me access to everything concerning SS on file with the Dr's office.  

Quoting huntersmom1007:

Have your husband call her doctor first thing Monday unless you have a way to contact him/her now. That would make me wonder. How long has it been since she has been to visit?

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I would discuss this with the doctor.  Or rather, I would have DH do it and I would have him be responsible for all the child's care while she visits.

packermomof2
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband went off Resperdal (or however you spell it) before I met him - he said he was gaining weight and sleeping too much and he didn't like it.  Mom might have seen something like that going on with her child and didn't like it.

The doctor might have agreed because they are the ones who changed it.  

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM

It has been since the last week of July. He is going to talk to bm tomorrow about it, and call the doctor. He said bm told him about the appointment last minute, and he couldn't get off to go. ALso that she said that everything was the same, after the appointment. So although sd hasn't been here, which I don't really agree with but not my decision, I am glad he is making an effort to communicate a few times a week.

Quoting huntersmom1007:

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Her doctors will discuss with me since she has been going there for so long, and because, up until a few months ago, I attended most appointments and therapy. I did that because the doctors felt that if all "parents" were involved, sd would have a harder time manipulating everyone. So sometimes she did therapy along, sometimes it was with bm, or bm and I, or bm and dh....you get the point. But I am trying to stay out of everything because of some things that have happened. I would prefer dh to handle it. I will lend an ear and give my opinion, if asked, but am trying to not get too involved in all that unless it is absolutely necessary. She

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)