Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM/Ex WIfe - Is anyone else expected to be her buddy?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 34 Replies

BM likes me, a lot, tells everyone how great I am for he kids and ex.

She also thinks I am her bestie...

I can't stand the woman, for many reasons, I only get along with her for the sake of the skids.

She has very inappropriate conversations with me (Such has how much pleasure she recieved in bed from DH, the size of his manhood etc)

I am not comfortable in any of this, yet DH doesnt see why I can't be her best friend....

Anyone else ever been in a similair boat???

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL sorry BM and I get along but not like that!

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM

In the beginning, before DH and I got serious, BM tried to be my buddy.  I wasn't against it, I had known her as my Room Parent in Sunday school where I was her son's teacher.  

She liked to tell me stories about DH and how many babies they had and why and what he liked and didn't.  It was just weird to me.

I guess in a way I got lucky because once DH and I got married, she did a 180 and now dislikes me.

I think next time she wants to talk about her sex life with your DH, you simply say that you are not comfortable dscussing that with her.  Say you are old fasioned or something, don't make it angry.  And then ask her how she made the fabulous cookies her kids keep talking about...

etherealmama
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:37 PM

It just really gets to me!

She has very bluntly told me she misses him and would take him back in a second if she could keep her current mans money.

She wants DH for the sex, the cleaning (I guess he cleaned when he was with her) for his artistic talent, that he worshipped her etc. She is only with the current for finacial security, otherwise, she would be after DH.

He doesn't get why all of this upsets me

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Bm trys but she is always wrong about the info. She acts like she knows dh better then anyone. Lol she forgets dh and I were high school sweethearts.
CFSTBSM27
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM
BM tried that at first. She wanted us to be "close" thought we would be "friends". I was not having it so i'd cut her off on invites etc. she got the idea. It's inappropriate to talk about those things with your exs new wife or anything remotely close to that. Why are you even talking to her? You can be civil and not be friends
etherealmama
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Her sister is my next door neighbor, she will see me and just walk over on the pretense it is something important, and then go into what i feel are inappropriate subjects.

It is to the point that I do not go outside of my house anymore if I hear, or even suspect she is at the building

CFSTBSM27
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok so instead of sitting in your own house like a chump why don't you be straight up cut her off and say if you going to talk about inappropriate things don't talk to me.........

Quoting etherealmama:

Her sister is my next door neighbor, she will see me and just walk over on the pretense it is something important, and then go into what i feel are inappropriate subjects.

It is to the point that I do not go outside of my house anymore if I hear, or even suspect she is at the building

CFSTBSM27
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Ha same here, she would act like she's the only person who ever knew DH and they had this notebook romance lol what a crock. Lucky for me she learned quick I would not deal with that

Quoting Lorena:

Bm trys but she is always wrong about the info. She acts like she knows dh better then anyone. Lol she forgets dh and I were high school sweethearts.

etherealmama
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM

she is pushy, bitchy, and 3 of me.

I am super non confrontational.

I have changed the subject everytime, or made an excuse to walk away. Her sister even has told he she is being inappropriate, but BM is the kind that doesnt give a shit she will say whatever is on her mind.

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I just laugh at her. Dh looks at me and say guess she never really knew me. I hold a lot of his secrets that no one else knows and she trys to say she knows all his secrets. She doesn't because if she did she would use it against him. But it is her attempt to play nice in a I have something over you kind of way.

Quoting CFSTBSM27:

Ha same here, she would act like she's the only person who ever knew DH and they had this notebook romance lol what a crock. Lucky for me she learned quick I would not deal with that

Quoting Lorena:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)