Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

disrespect for shared space

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 42 Replies

my boyfriend has a 14 yr old son. He repeatedly pees on the toilet seat and the only way I can use it after wards is to clean it off myself. I have repeatedly asked my boyfriend to talk to his son to either clean up after himself or get a consequence, but nothing is working. He has asked him to stop, gotten annoyed, left him reminder notes, made him clean it up, asked him to at least lift the seat...nothing is working. it is our only bathroom so what do we do? i have lost my patience and everyone knows it by my reaction. now what?

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I would not have the kid using the toilet unless dad was there to clean up after him each and every time. If that means dad needs to find a babysitter for the kid for when he's not there, so be it.

My ss sometimes leaves a mess, but he is 9. I point it out, he cleans it up.

Sounds like your bfs son is just being a brat.
15inbetween
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I don't know what to say really. I guess buy some Clorox wipes to make it easy for him to wipe it up. Men/boys like to clean stuff with wipes. Also to feel better read this is shitty situation post.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

There is nothing you can do. Your boyfriend is the only one who can take action here. It doesn't seem important to him.

....ClvrScn.
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

14 - oh dear God. It doesn't stop? My 5 year old does this and no amount of berating will correct the issue. =(

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Oh no, it stops.  We have a 15 year old and 2 13 year olds in the house and they don't pee on the seat.  My 4 year old does every once in a while but cleans it up.

OP - your BF will have to get tougher on his son.  That's gross.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

14 - oh dear God. It doesn't stop? My 5 year old does this and no amount of berating will correct the issue. =(

....ClvrScn.
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Do they learn to flush??? LOL -

Quoting WifeyC:

Oh no, it stops.  We have a 15 year old and 2 13 year olds in the house and they don't pee on the seat.  My 4 year old does every once in a while but cleans it up.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM

No promises!

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Do they learn to flush??? LOL -

Quoting WifeyC:

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

buttercup627
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
5 moms liked this
Go get some Hollywood blood and leave dots on the seat lol see if your bf or his son want to help you clam up your "mess" ;) j/k
singlemom416
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Make your boyfriend clean it up before you use it. When he gets sick of cleaning up his sons PISS he will find a way to get his sons aim better or get him to clean up after himself.

buttercup627
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
They also have toilet training stickers. They look like little targets that stick into the toilet for boys to aim at, if he can't aim this might help. Or stick a post it to the lid saying wipe up your sprinkles
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN