Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Open School Night Drama

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 38 Replies

I was sitting in my sons very first Open House last night. As everyone gets up to leave, we start hearing people shouting. Turns out, one kidergartener had Mom, Dad, StepMom, and StepDad there. Mom and Dad got into a screaming match in the back of the classroom. Mom actually went to like jump on Dad and hit him, but StepDad intervened and had to hold her back. HILARIOUS! Whats the freakin point?! These things do not need FOUR parents there!!

And on a side note, as I was walking into the school... some woman looks at me, does a double take, then has this like horrified look on her face and starts whispering to the woman next to her. I just KNEW she was friends with BM. Had to be! So I went home and told SO about it. I didnt describe the woman to him, but he somehow knew exactly who I was talking about. He brought her picture up on Facebook and I was like "WOW Yes that was her!!!" I had never even seen this woman before in my life!!

This should be an entertaining school year!!!

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I would be horrified if DH got into a public fight like that with BM

LoveMy2x4
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Me too!!! I couldnt imagine it! I couldnt tell who started it though. BM was louder and actually went to hit him, but BF had this smug look on his face like he accomplished exactly what he wanted to. 

Quoting WifeyC:

I would be horrified if DH got into a public fight like that with BM

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I agree there doesn't need to be 4 parents at back to school night but the situation you described seemed to be more of an issue between Bp's it's sad they couldn't act like adults for open house.
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM

We all (BM, SF, DH, and I) all went to SS’s Kindergarten Open House. This is how it went.

1.        DH and BM agreed to meet at the same time, so they could meet the teacher together. BM showed up ten minutes early, introduced herself and SF as SS’s parents, and took all the beginning of school paperwork

2.        When we walked in the class, the teacher who recognized me from the PreK Camp said – “Oh! You’re SS’s mom!” I laughed and told her that I was his stepmom, but BM overheard the initial question and came running. Literally. She ran across the room and said, “I overheard you ask her if she was [insert SS name]’s mom. I am his mom. She is not.” The teacher (who we later found out was an SM herself) said, “That was my mistake. She’s already corrected me and told me she was his stepmom.” She then asked for clarification on who SS’s dad was, because BM had introduced SF as SS’s father. 

3.        BM and SF got into a huge fight. BM and I were standing next to SS’s desk. SF walked up and said to BM, “Hey – I know you were worried about SS’s nap mat. Do you want me to run back to the house and get it so you can show it to the teacher?” BM just started yelling – “Can’t you see I am busy? Why are you bothering me with stupid questions?” I quickly moved away and it escaladed into a huge fight. Everyone (other parents, the teacher, SS, other kids) was in shock. SF finally turned around and stormed out the door, and then BM tried to act like nothing had happened.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM

BM caused a scene at Pre-K open house with my DH just because he was there. Made the teacher and everyone in the room uncomfortable. DH told her he was going to ALL of SD's school functions and stood his ground. BM tried to tell the school that DH couldn't even pick up SD from school- at that time they had 45/55 custody. DH had to have his lawyer intervene and send something to the school. It was a mess!

LoveMy2x4
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Do you think that having the 4 of you there, turned it more into a "Im gonna prove myself" night instead what it was actually meant to be for BM? 

Quoting progressandjoy:

We all (BM, SF, DH, and I) all went to SS’s Kindergarten Open House. This is how it went.

1.        DH and BM agreed to meet at the same time, so they could meet the teacher together. BM showed up ten minutes early, introduced herself and SF as SS’s parents, and took all the beginning of school paperwork

2.        When we walked in the class, the teacher who recognized me from the PreK Camp said – “Oh! You’re SS’s mom!” I laughed and told her that I was his stepmom, but BM overheard the initial question and came running. Literally. She ran across the room and said, “I overheard you ask her if she was [insert SS name]’s mom. I am his mom. She is not.” The teacher (who we later found out was an SM herself) said, “That was my mistake. She’s already corrected me and told me she was his stepmom.” She then asked for clarification on who SS’s dad was, because BM had introduced SF as SS’s father. 

3.        BM and SF got into a huge fight. BM and I were standing next to SS’s desk. SF walked up and said to BM, “Hey – I know you were worried about SS’s nap mat. Do you want me to run back to the house and get it so you can show it to the teacher?” BM just started yelling – “Can’t you see I am busy? Why are you bothering me with stupid questions?” I quickly moved away and it escaladed into a huge fight. Everyone (other parents, the teacher, SS, other kids) was in shock. SF finally turned around and stormed out the door, and then BM tried to act like nothing had happened.

bottomline
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

What a wonderful way to start off the school year.....NOT!

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM

BM does compete, but I don't think it's because I'm there.

I didn’t go to this year’s open house, but DH said was a repeat of last year. They agreed to meet at the same time, but BM showed up early and snatched all the paperwork. She introduced SF as SS’s father, but insisted multiple times that she was mom (which is funny, because I have never introduced myself to anyone as SS’s mom AND I wasn’t even at the Open House for the teacher to confuse the two of us). DH said that she and SF didn’t blow up on each other this time, but there was a lot of tension between them and BM snapped at him a few times.

It’s weird.

You know how we talk about BF’s trying to turn SM into ‘Mommy 2.0’? BM is desperately trying to turn SF into ‘SS’s only dad.’ She insists that SF comes to everything. She’s always turning everything into ‘I’m going to prove I’m the best,’ but it’s not because I’m there. She competes with DH to be seen as the ‘best parent’. She and SF compete to be seen as the ‘best family’.

Quoting LoveMy2x4:

Do you think that having the 4 of you there, turned it more into a "Im gonna prove myself" night instead what it was actually meant to be for BM?  

LoveMy2x4
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM

That is so strange. She probably feels like she has more to prove to herself than anyone else. Not that she would even be able to admit that to herself....

Quoting progressandjoy:

BM does compete, but I don't think it's because I'm there.

I didn’t go to this year’s open house, but DH said was a repeat of last year. They agreed to meet at the same time, but BM showed up early and snatched all the paperwork. She introduced SF as SS’s father, but insisted multiple times that she was mom (which is funny, because I have never introduced myself to anyone as SS’s mom AND I wasn’t even at the Open House for the teacher to confuse the two of us). DH said that she and SF didn’t blow up on each other this time, but there was a lot of tension between them and BM snapped at him a few times.

It’s weird.

You know how we talk about BF’s trying to turn SM into ‘Mommy 2.0’? BM is desperately trying to turn SF into ‘SS’s only dad.’ She insists that SF comes to everything. She’s always turning everything into ‘I’m going to prove I’m the best,’ but it’s not because I’m there. She competes with DH to be seen as the ‘best parent’. She and SF compete to be seen as the ‘best family’.

Quoting LoveMy2x4:

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I am with you! SD has lived with us for the past 2 years. SD wants BM to come to open house because she is barely involved in her life. I get why SD wants BM there but honestly she never even checks SD grades online or helps her study never mind speaks to any of her teaches and I am with you we dont NEED 3 parents there but the TWO that are involved with the grades should be there....I half want tto tell BM she doesn't need to go but SD was really upset about it. NOT looking forward to thursday.l

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured