Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Under my skin

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love being a step Mom to my step daughter she is 5, and our relationship is great. Her Mom hates me of  "of course" since her daughter loves me. I have been in Isabel's life since she was 1, and I get the jealous Mom thing.. but know she is taking advantage of my hubby and how he hates to fight and wont fight, and is tell my step daughter stupid smart ass remarks that are not appropriate about me..and she tells me these things. I try not to take it personaly and I try to talk to Isabel and make it not a big deal. But what really bugs me is the husband not addressing these things...not just comments but imposing on our time or scheduling shit on our days without asking first...lots of things! I am just so not like him in these ways and it upsets me a lot.

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
looneytunes290
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Aw that sucks- do you have contact with bm- maybe you should address it with her?
TADpole25
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I totally understand I have the same issue.. but I tend to step on the imaginary line of boundries I don't cross it but definitely stand on it.. I get along with bm mom so my dsd grama I usually ask her how things will be to avoid talking to bm or having df talk to bm kuz he doesn't like to ask anything this last visitation he would not ask her to meet us halfway so I txtd the grama n said if she knew what time the bm would meet us.. he realized what I did when grama called his number and said bm said she would meet after work lmao he wasn't upset bkuz I explained it needed to be addressed
kim8934
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM

so your complaint is about your husband and not the BM?

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

why do you think the reason the mom hates you is because her daughter loves you? Maybe she has some other reason to hate you.

For example, it seems to me that you are trying to get your husband to be less cooperative with her. Maybe that is why she dislikes you?

packermomof2
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Of course that is the ONLY reason she doesn't like you.  There is never any other reason.

My daughter was making her own "smart ass" comments at 5.  True, she learned HOW to make them from me, but I didn't ever tell her what to say.  Give the kid some credit and stop blaming the parent for everything the kid says that you don' t like.

bottomline
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM

If your Dh remains a door mat don't expect things to change. His relationship with bm is what is causing you all this stress. If he grew a back bone and addressed the issues instead of hiding from them, things would be different.

c3cole
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Mu husband prefers I dont not speak to the BM because she is unbelievably selfish and will only want to belittle me and our parenting and whatever else she wants just to upset me and get under my skin...and I would end up punching her in the face....She is the kind of girl that when u go out to the bar, she is the one getting into fights. She is a good Mom, just a shitty person and so jealous.

c3cole
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Mu husband prefers I dont not speak to the BM because she is unbelievably selfish and will only want to belittle me and our parenting and whatever else she wants just to upset me and get under my skin...and I would end up punching her in the face....She is the kind of girl that when u go out to the bar, she is the one getting into fights. She is a good Mom, just a shitty person and so jealous.

c3cole
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM

The BM is just doing doing exactly waht my Husband lets her get away with...I cant be mad at her. She is doing her thing.

c3cole
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM

The BM is just doing doing exactly waht my Husband lets her get away with...I cant be mad at her. She is doing her thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured