Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, What CS includes?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 103 Replies

I think it would be fair if parent who is claiming CS will make a list of Expenses for the child. What do you think mommies?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

oh i wish that was enforceable.  I have known the parents to spend all the money on themselves and children would be in near rags.

ZennMomma
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I've heard of it being enforced, a father demanded receipts, the courts let him do it, or so I heard...

Li think its reasonable to a point.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
What does 'claims CS' mean?

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know what a child's expenses are. I can list a whole list here of children's needs. Would the person who pays CS like to make a list of what they spend money on? They are more than welcome to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I'm betting in extreme circumstances but in most cases that would not be ordered.

Quoting ZennMomma:

I've heard of it being enforced, a father demanded receipts, the courts let him do it, or so I heard...

Li think its reasonable to a point.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I think it's reasonable for the cp to provide a listing of expenses and receipts. T would have saved my ss a lot of neglect if bm had been forced to be accountable for the big fat CS and ssi checks she was getting for him every month while he slept with roaches and dressed in rags.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

By claim do you mean the one that receives it?  No, there shouldn't be a list of expenses.  Once it is received it is up to CP to spend.  

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:22 PM
8 moms liked this

What if expenses add up to more than the CS paid?  Should NCP then pay more?

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:25 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh what a grand idea!!!! I like this!! Lets calculate ALL of the monthly expenses and the NCP can pay 1/2 of that amount. Oh... I'm betting that there would be an argument there. They would then claim what all is 'not a need'.. And refuse to pay.

Quoting WifeyC:

What if expenses add up to more than the CS paid?  Should NCP then pay more?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I can see your point here but coming from a marriage where money was used as a way to control - there is no way this would be ok with me. And no way it would be ordered. I personally would not have an issue with proving what all I provide because it is much more than what is paid in CS - for some this would just be a way to continue to control the other home.

Quoting luckystars2012:

I think it's reasonable for the cp to provide a listing of expenses and receipts. T would have saved my ss a lot of neglect if bm had been forced to be accountable for the big fat CS and ssi checks she was getting for him every month while he slept with roaches and dressed in rags.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Shoot- I think if you take everything it costs to raise a child- from housing, clothing, food, etc to school fees, lunch money for school, school pictures, insurance co-pays, childcare etc we would find it costs way more than we thought!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured