Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

So glad everyone else gets to enjoy being in SS's life

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 36 Replies

I really should be glad. But I can't help but think its bullshit.

DH lost his visitation. I have a previous post about that so if you want to comment about it, comment there. Thanks. (here:http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/114270/forums/read/19060824/update)

Anyways. Ever since then BM has magically been BFF's with BIL and SIL. They have SS almost every weekend. (Well there's only been 3 weekends since then and they've had him 3 times.) But do they call DH and give him an opportunity to talk to SS? No. Do they even tell him they have him? No. They just do a bunch of stuff DH would like to do with him (drag races, pumpkin patch, etc) and post pics on FB. 

And I know DH is pretty bummed about it. And we know its better than nothing. But shit it hurts.

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM
He lost ALL visitation? I've never even heard of that unless he endangered the kid or abandoned him. Glad I don't live where you do .
andersongirl562
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM

There has to be a reason he lost all visitation so I dont feel sorry for DH. He should be glad someone is there for his child since he obviously is not

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Yeah it was dumb. As far as we knew he was following to co. But the judge decided it wasn't good enough.

mobile.cafemom.com/group/114270/forums/read/19060824/update

Mobile. No clicky.

Quoting faerie75:

He lost ALL visitation? I've never even heard of that unless he endangered the kid or abandoned him. Glad I don't live where you do .
mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Like I said, read the post. I put a link up there ^^^.

Quoting andersongirl562:

There has to be a reason he lost all visitation so I dont feel sorry for DH. He should be glad someone is there for his child since he obviously is not

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

sadSo sorry you guys are going through this! So sad for you, your DH, and the poor little boy caught in the middle.

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Honestly, SS is a real trooper. He keeps on smiling. I think he will be ok.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

sadSo sorry you guys are going through this! So sad for you, your DH, and the poor little boy caught in the middle.

thejodigirl
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Wow geez it's hard to not think he could of done more to ensure he was doing what he needed to to maintain his visitation. Maybe BIL and SIL are just staying out of it.

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM
What I don't get is that the lead therapist of his group had to report to FOC about his sessions. So how did they not tell him sooner that it wasn't going to cut it?

His FOC worker seemed a little taken back by the judgment as well. So I don't know. We really just don't understand what happened.

Quoting thejodigirl:

Wow geez it's hard to not think he could of done more to ensure he was doing what he needed to to maintain his visitation. Maybe BIL and SIL are just staying out of it.

thejodigirl
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM

So he was doing required classes and his therapist gave him a bad report? 

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

What I don't get is that the lead therapist of his group had to report to FOC about his sessions. So how did they not tell him sooner that it wasn't going to cut it?

His FOC worker seemed a little taken back by the judgment as well. So I don't know. We really just don't understand what happened.

Quoting thejodigirl:

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM
No. He was ordered to be in mental health services. The classes/groups were a service offered by the facility he attended. But the judge said "mr (our last name) I think you know that isn't what I meant. Find yourself a real therapist and don't let me find out you're not taking your meds".

DH hasn't been on meds. Not in a long time. Since before the order was even made. So I don't know. I don't know how he was supposed to know what the judge meant if it wasn't specific in the order. FOC seemed ok with the reports from the group. His therapist wouldn't have given him a bad report. She says he is one of the best participants in the class. (Meaning he is involved and speaks often etc) she is bummed he won't be in class anymore.

Quoting thejodigirl:

So he was doing required classes and his therapist gave him a bad report? 

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

Quoting thejodigirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN