Had skids this weekend. The weekend was great and it went by way to fast. YSS was a little sick but he Iet me baby him and he quickly got over it.
Drop off was at 5 last night. DH was literally pulling into the restaurant where they meet at 5:00pm and BM had already text DH 3 times asking him where he was. The texts were received on his phone at 4:59 and two of them at 5:00pm. She then called as he pulling up right next to her car.
Anyways, on the way home DH told me he had talked to some people at the kids school on Thursday when he picked them up. He talked to their counselor and then he talked to their football coach. He actually had a really good talk with the counselor about the kids grades and how she noticed that they had always been basically straight A students and then last year she said they started going down and they are continuing to go down. DH told her that he is trying to do what he can by keeping in touch with the teachers and talking to the kids about their grades but he feels limited to how much he can do. She said she understood and she told him that she thought it was great what he is trying to do and that she will try to call parents that live 5 minutes away and can never get a hold of them but DH lives 7 hours away and he is in more contact the school. DH said that out of the blue the counselor asked him when he was going to get custody. He said he didn't expect that comment and he told her that he didn't have any plans to try too. I guess the same thing happened when talking to the football coach about the kids grades. He asked DH when he was going to get custody.
So, this has DH thinking. He wants to get back closer to the kids. Of course we both would love to be back in that area. Both our families are in that general area as well. It is a big decision for us to move again. DH came down to this area to open this business he is running and he has put a lot of time into it the past year and a half to get it running and to be successful. I told him that this was his decision because it didn't matter to me either way. It is a little sad because I have become so involved with our church and my homeschool group but if we get back to that area I will have all my old friends right there and my family much closer.
DH has no plans to fight for custody at this point he hopes to be closer so that maybe the kids can turn their grades around with him being closer. Until we are able to move, because it could take a little while before we can move, he is going to continue what he is doing. Constant contact with the school, trying to get BM to parent with him (she has avoided talking to him about the grade thing) and keeping up with the kids as much as possible.