Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I don't know why I'm surprised... *update*

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 8 Replies
Dh spoke with cs office since he hadn't heard anything in awhile about his cs case (theyre waiting on a hearing date). They said they just got bms response last week, which was the delay.

According to the person dh spoke with, bm is claiming that sd lives with her half the time so she shouldn't have to pay cs. Dh is custodial parent. Sd is with bm 6 overnights a month. and bm lives over an hour away, HOW would she have 50/50 with a drive like that? I'm just baffled as to why she would think she could even claim that since there is a court order saying dh is primary parent and bm is to pay cs?

:: update ::
Dh got a letter yesterday that was a pretty standard form letter regarding the cs case, but in it it shows that bm now has an attorney to represent her. Bms last attorney dropped her because she ”could not ethically represent her” due to the fact that every time they'd go to court bm would lie to her attorney, in turn making her attorney look like an idiot when dh showed hard proof of all of bms lies.

So now it seems as if bm has hired someone new, who was the person to file the response saying bm has sd 50% of the time. I pointed out to dh that it's possible bm and her attorney will go through the whole calendar year and count every day sd was with bm (including holidays and extra time dh has given bm) and that would be their argument for ”50%”. He told me he's already done that and with the extra time bm still only has sd 25% of the year. So I guess bm has just found someone new to lie to?
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
stepmommy2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM

If its in the CO then why is there a hold up? It wasn't even questionable with DH. It was in their CO and his company takes its out every paycheck. He wasn't able to fight it.

ramita
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:40 PM
It's crazy how they do that kind of stuff. I'm sorry y'all are going through that. It's been a year since my SS's mom was ordered to pay child support, but her lawyer stopped it because of some paperwork from two years ago (that had been taken care of). We brought proof to DH's lawyer, and he faxed it to hers, but DH's lawyer hasn't heard anything. So right now we're waiting on our next custody hearing and hopefully it'll get straightened out then. I hope yalls gets straightened out soon!
miapia1020
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM
When they went to court bm was in school. the Co is worded that cs is suspended since bm is in school, and either can file once bm has the ability to pay cs. The cs office has to hold a hearing to determine payment amounts

Quoting stepmommy2:

If its in the CO then why is there a hold up? It wasn't even questionable with DH. It was in their CO and his company takes its out every paycheck. He wasn't able to fight it.

stepmommy2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Oh ok. Good luck with that!

Quoting miapia1020:

When they went to court bm was in school. the Co is worded that cs is suspended since bm is in school, and either can file once bm has the ability to pay cs. The cs office has to hold a hearing to determine payment amounts

Quoting stepmommy2:

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Good luck!

Bm in our situation was ordered to pay $68 a month in cs 9 years ago. I think she paid 3 months worth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM

She's trying to prolong it.

miapia1020
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Oh, for sure. I just don't get how she could think it was ok to make such a claim that there's no proof to and tons of proof again.

Dh informed me that I guess in her response she actually stated he was supposed to pay her cs... What?!

Quoting WifeyC:

She's trying to prolong it.

miapia1020
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)