Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How often do the kids talk to the parent they aren't with?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Amy
  • 29 Replies

What I mean is... When your kids (birth or step) are with their other parent, how often do you/your SO talk to them?

When they're with you, how often do they talk to their other parent?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Never. :(:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie719
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Every night. My husband calls his kids everynight they are away. Now the BM only calls once a weekend and the kids dont stay on the phone long with her.
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM
When BM was alive she spoke to SS11 a couple times between visits on average...sometimes going a couple weeks without calling. She put a lot of pressure on him to call her...but she rarely answered so he quit trying finally.

When SS was with BM...communication didn't happen. She wouldn't let SS call unless DH was at work the few times she did. Otherwise we might have spoke to him a handful of times over the years when he was with her...going up to 7 weeks without talking to him during the summer. That was always a stressful time.
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Both BF and i tend to talk to DDs everyday -doesnt matter where they are. Less so with DD19 who is a sophomore in college.

DH talks to his boys about every other day. i rarely hear SSs on the phone with their mom.

all work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BasketballMama8
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:06 AM

i typically call once or so during the 3 days. he calls about once during my 4. somtimes we call more and sometimes we dont call at all.

Xantho
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Bm doesn't call between her weekends. If the bug stays with her we dh and I call every other day.
KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM
The kids live with me. I think they talk to bd daily. When they go to his house, I don't call them at all.
macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I dont talk to them when they are with Dad. Makes it harder on everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM

The kids speak to their father 3 nights per week.  

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Typically every day a few times per day unless one or the other parent is taking the kids on vacation.  Then maybe just once or twice during the week.  Kids are older though so they can initiate contact whenever.  They tend to text a lot in addition to the phone/skpe/face time.  They've grown up having access to both parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)