Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

school change again

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:56 AM
  • 10 Replies
So that makes 3 in two weeks...ugh...poor ss5. It's 5am and i am not looking forward to waking him up. Poor kid
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

WHY does he need to wake at 5am for school at 5 years old?  Goodness! That nearly seems cruel! 

When BF/SM moved 50+ miles away, that's when BF gave up his school night overnights with the boys. I flat refused to allow him to take them on a school night when, knowing what traffic is like in our area (where he moved to as well as the traffice between there and where I live/they go to school) in the morning, he'd have had to wake them at 5 to leave by 6, just in case a semi overturned or some other accident prevented the freeways from moving (this happens nearly daily on the roads he'd take, either of the 3 routes - it's actually more 'newsworthy' when there are NO accidents along those routes than when there are).  He'd need to plan at least 2 hours to get them to school on time (and now it's 2 different schools, for one year it was the same school for both boys).  I said no way.  We negotiated and he doesn't have school nights any longer.  The boys were terrified they'd have to keep going too!  They balk at waking by 6:45, 5:00 am seemed doubly cruel! 

The 'good' news is, he's young, and whatever he's learning in school can also be taught at home to 'catch up'.  Changes like this is a few years could be more difficult, but 5 it's nothing permanent that can't be recovered. 

Poor kid.  :(

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

what the hell?

lnr187
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM

why is he switching schools again?! was it you that posted that bm didn't want dad to take his wednesday visit unless he was willing to get ss at school again at noon or something like that

bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Exactly. Bm moved 2 hours away without notification. Dh has 50/50 . She told dh las weeken on sunday that she moved and she took ss out of school. Monday she gave dh a hard time about the early release on thurs and refused to pick up ss. wed she drops him at 7pm and says she switched schools again. If dh gives custody to her next week...it'll look bad on dh at court plus she has her boyfriend shower with ss...if he keeps him out of school even for kindergarten. ..it will look bad on dh in court as well...so this poor kid has to suffer until the courts intervene...ugh..no wonder he acts out horribly in school

Quoting lnr187:

why is he switching schools again?! was it you that posted that bm didn't want dad to take his wednesday visit unless he was willing to get ss at school again at noon or something like that

lnr187
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

they have joint legal, right? enroll him in school by you.

Quoting bertaboo1:

Exactly. Bm moved 2 hours away without notification. Dh has 50/50 . She told dh las weeken on sunday that she moved and she took ss out of school. Monday she gave dh a hard time about the early release on thurs and refused to pick up ss. wed she drops him at 7pm and says she switched schools again. If dh gives custody to her next week...it'll look bad on dh at court plus she has her boyfriend shower with ss...if he keeps him out of school even for kindergarten. ..it will look bad on dh in court as well...so this poor kid has to suffer until the courts intervene...ugh..no wonder he acts out horribly in school

Quoting lnr187:

stepmommy2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That is what I said! How much are they willing to let BM get away with? What if she moves 5 hours away? They have to put an end to it now because this is all hurting her SS. He needs some stability and right now BM is not providing that.
Quoting lnr187:

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting lnr187:

bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM

no kidding.  we see a lawyer on wed.  she informed dh yesterday that she moved again!!!!!  and ss is enrolled in ANOTHER SCHOOL!!@!!!  

He is at grandmoms today.  poor kid needs to decompress.  i think i will get pumpkins tonight for him to decorate.

Quoting stepmommy2:

That is what I said! How much are they willing to let BM get away with? What if she moves 5 hours away? They have to put an end to it now because this is all hurting her SS. He needs some stability and right now BM is not providing that.
Quoting lnr187:

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting lnr187:

lnr187
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:27 PM

WHAT?! so now we're on the 3rd school in less than a month?!

Quoting bertaboo1:

no kidding.  we see a lawyer on wed.  she informed dh yesterday that she moved again!!!!!  and ss is enrolled in ANOTHER SCHOOL!!@!!!  

He is at grandmoms today.  poor kid needs to decompress.  i think i will get pumpkins tonight for him to decorate.

Quoting stepmommy2:

Quoting lnr187:

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting lnr187:

bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM
4th now.

Quoting lnr187:

WHAT?! so now we're on the 3rd school in less than a month?!

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting stepmommy2:

Quoting lnr187:

Quoting bertaboo1:

Quoting lnr187:

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Well, at least he's only 5...so switching schools is like switching daycares.  He's not really missing any substanitive "learning".  

Hope you guys get it sorted out soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN