Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Where were you 5 yrs in?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 19 Replies
Like the other post- where were you 5 yrs after you became sm in your sm "journey".
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM

5 years in I was probably close to the peak of my coveting phase.  

looneytunes290
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM
At five yrs in things had began getting rocky. When were married for 4 years we had our child together and skids and bm did not adjust well. Dh and I thought after 3 yrs of everyone doing okay that it wouldn't be negative for anyone. The skids started being more resentful- showing a bad attitude. Bm started making comments to me about DHs "other family" no matter how we tried to include them they always were unhappy.
looneytunes290
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM
What did you covet?

Quoting whatIknownow:

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM

My stepkids. I was angry that BM had saddled me with the burden raising her kids, so I wanted her to disappear. I minimized her role.

Quoting looneytunes290:

What did you covet?

Quoting whatIknownow:

looneytunes290
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Our situations are so different that there is No way we could ever compare notes- that makes me sad because I think you often know what you are talking about. I tend to watch your replies and posts because I can see my sister being in your situation. I am one of those people who really believe in learning from situations of others- or at least realizing that others have survived and came out okay on the otherside. My sis does not have her own children though- so that is a difference.

Quoting whatIknownow:

My stepkids. I was angry that BM had saddled me with the burden raising her kids, so I wanted her to disappear. I minimized her role.

Quoting looneytunes290:

What did you covet?

Quoting whatIknownow:

SassyMom25
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM

That would have been 2011 for me. DH and I got married that year. SS was 9 and at that point I started backing off of mothering him as much because he was old enough to better handle his relationship with BM. At that point, I was hoping that BM would be a better parent for her kids sake.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM
That was about the PEAK of everything. That was during the paternity suit for OSS, the multiple DFCS cases BM2 had going regarding YSS and her other kids AND DH big lay off. I got my big promotion about the time he lost his job. That was a very ugly time in my steplife.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I was very settled and content at that mark, I had my son and daughter, we were busy being parents and taking on new professional challenges. I think the minor challenges DH and I have had since, is more due to his forgiving nature and being more open to any changes that may occur from BM's end (which I understand) but I am closed to it. 

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM

not there yet. things are ok here 3.25 years in.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I'm 6 almost 7 years in. At 5 years I accepted BM for who she is and came to the realization that she does love the kids and is doing her best
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)