Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

big sister kit.. yay or nay

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
My stepdaughter moved with mom, out of state. We haven't seen her since July 28th and won't until Thanksgiving due to distance, time constraints on both moms end and our end, money issues on both ends... All parties are trying its just a bad time.

She asked her daddy to send her favorite baby down to her. Now she is genuinely excited about being a big sister. On the phone just the other day, she was telling her daddy that she has a boy friend and daddy told her all boots are trouble except your daddy and your brother. She said day I have two brothers!!

She was very upset about missing the baby shower.

Zo I was thinning about putting some diapers, a bottle, a bib, two outfits, some.baby wash cloths in a small wipes container, etc. for her to play big sister.

But she is five. Would she view this as a cool package, or be upset that her package got turned into something about the baby...

What do you ladies think??
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaniNY
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Tell her that she can use it to practice being a big sister. I think she'll like it and feel included.
RaniNY
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Include a little gift from the baby, like a little stuffed animal.
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry Im still reeling at the fact that your DH let bm move out of state and didnt try to fight it.  im blown away.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Quoting luckystars2012:

Im sorry Im still reeling at the fact that your DH let bm move out of state and didnt try to fight it.  im blown away.

believe me I have plenty to say about that bullshit-but I'm not trying to stress momma out right now. Sometimes it pays to keep my mouth shut!

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Agreed.  but at 7 months pregnant and cranky my filter is a lil broke lol

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting luckystars2012:

believe me I have plenty to say about that bullshit-but I'm not trying to stress momma out right now. Sometimes it pays to keep my mouth shut!

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I love this idea... If she were going to be involved daily. Otherwise I like the idea about having the baby send her a gift is a great idea. My concern is that if you send her baby items that she isn't going to use because.. Well she lives so far away ... Would that make her feel bad that her items aren't even going to be used?

OR you could send her baby doll items. When my dd was 5 we got her the bitty twins from American Girl doll with the stroller, diaper bag, food, clothes, diapers etc. She loved it!! Target has a similar line that is not as expensive as AGD is and just as cute! Something she can actually play with and not think of what she is missing is a great idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
....ClvrScn.
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM
My husband was allegedly doing other things, illegal things when I believed he was fighting the move. That is another post but let's just say that at this point, I'm not 100 percent positive that I will still be married after all comes out in court.

Not being able too see my step daughter because his alleged actions put us in a financial bind is just one of the many things that I am resentful about, but at this point, I made the decision to focus on staying healthy for the remainder of my pregnancy and not put my older son in a position where he loses his dad. He already lost his sister.

Any other decisions will not be made until the full facts of the case come out.

Quoting luckystars2012:

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM
That must be very stressful. I feel for you.

I would send sd a doll and maybe a little kitsch (like a ceramic baby bootie or momento from the shower). And some candy, a book, that type of thing :)

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

My husband was allegedly doing other things, illegal things when I believed he was fighting the move. That is another post but let's just say that at this point, I'm not 100 percent positive that I will still be married after all comes out in court.

Not being able too see my step daughter because his alleged actions put us in a financial bind is just one of the many things that I am resentful about, but at this point, I made the decision to focus on staying healthy for the remainder of my pregnancy and not put my older son in a position where he loses his dad. He already lost his sister.

Quoting luckystars2012:

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I'm so sorry Hun.... Pm me his address and illgo whack him with my frying pan for you!

We will blame it on temp insanity due to prego hormones.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Okay honestly i think this a great idea-however you could include something special like "I'm the big sister!" tshirt and get 1 for Little Man that says I'm the little brother. BM did that for sd12 and ss7 when she had her YDD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)