Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

'My own planet' - next chapter with SD16 in the mental facility

Posted by   + Show Post
Once SD16 was told that she was going to live with MIL, she became the sweetest little rosebud ever! That is, of course, until you challenge anything she says. Then, she cracks, almost yells, until she realizes people might see it. The therapist sees through it.

DH now has us on 'different planets' as get calls it. He feels it is the only way our marriage has a chance. This means I no longer have to participate in any therapy sessions, visits, transition meetings, etc. I am not refusing to - I am being removed from them. SD's therapist is not happy with it and thinks it will hurt her transition. MIL and I don't get along, so I am not sure how well therapy sessions would go with the two of us anyway.

MIL is convinced she will keep SD reigned in and will have no issues. She has been scheduling home visits (great!), but not checking with DH before scheduling them, so he isn't available during the time SD has been home. He looks terrible for a situation that he honestly is not at fault for. During one of the home visits, MIL took SD shopping and bought her $800 worth of new clothes. SD has gained 20 pounds in the last year and did not show MIL any of the clothes as she tried them on. A week later, it occurred to MIL that the size seemed strange and she asked SD if she is able to zip any of the clothes - SD said she plans to eat salad so that the will eventually fit! DH told me the size and they are all at least two sizes, if not three sizes too small! Had anyone asked, this would have been one if the situations I could have told them was extremely common with SD and new clothes.

I'm just happily spinning on my planet, though.
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Replies (11-12):
KreatingMe
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:09 PM

So did DH ever make it to the mental hospital for a visit while she was in there? Or did that remain too much of an inconvenience?

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM
LOL

He (we) went several times. She is still there, but MIL now schedules home visits without telling him when they will be, so it is hard to figure out where to visit her these days!

Quoting KreatingMe:

So did DH ever make it to the mental hospital for a visit while she was in there? Or did that remain too much of an inconvenience?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)