Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

do you ladies think this game is ok for a 10yr old

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 17 Replies
Sims.3
I have it on xbox and I love it but ss10 keeps wanting to play. Dh and I think he is too younge per the sexual content though mild he will have the options to "woohoo" with both men and women. The game is rated teen. Do you think we should let him play? are we being too strick. Want to know your honest thoughts
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Graceplustwo
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Other concern is if we let ss10 play ss7 will want to play too and he is deff too young imo
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I don't let ss play teen games in our home. Or M. He can play what bm likes at her home. Not in mine.
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM

We don't really believe in censorship in our home so we wouldn't have a problem with it but I believe that is a choice individual to each home.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
We don't block many games here. But we use them for discussion and play with them. Although DH just got GTA5. He's not allowed to play it when the kids are home.

Quoting soonergirl980:

We don't really believe in censorship in our home so we wouldn't have a problem with it but I believe that is a choice individual to each home.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I love Sims 3.

I put an old TV in my room just so I could play some of my videogames without little eyes watching. Sadly, the TV was so old it broke soon after.

As for your question, I think it depends on how he plays the game. Is his main objective making romantic relationships? Does he want to play bbecause he's interested in building houses? I would look into why the game appeals to him and make my decision based on that.
Graceplustwo
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Great suggestion

Quoting progressandjoy:

I love Sims 3.

I put an old TV in my room just so I could play some of my videogames without little eyes watching. Sadly, the TV was so old it broke soon after.

As for your question, I think it depends on how he plays the game. Is his main objective making romantic relationships? Does he want to play bbecause he's interested in building houses? I would look into why the game appeals to him and make my decision based on that.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I got my gamecube and the Sims Bustin Out, when I was twelve. My mom was concerned with the teen label.

The first scene in Bustin Out you are required to make out with another character. My mom just about flipped her lid. She wanted to get rid of the game, but I showed her the game wasn't solely about having relationships. She calmed down after that and I've been playing the Sims since.

Quoting Graceplustwo:

Great suggestion

Quoting progressandjoy:

I love Sims 3.

Graceplustwo
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I love sims ,my guilty pleasure lol

Quoting progressandjoy:

I got my gamecube and the Sims Bustin Out, when I was twelve. My mom was concerned with the teen label.

The first scene in Bustin Out you are required to make out with another character. My mom just about flipped her lid. She wanted to get rid of the game, but I showed her the game wasn't solely about having relationships. She calmed down after that and I've been playing the Sims since.

Quoting Graceplustwo:

Great suggestion

Quoting progressandjoy:

I love Sims 3.

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I think it is fine as long as one of you is supervising. There is a lot more to do than just woohoo on sims. 

PinkButterfly66
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I wouldn't let a 10 y/o or a 7 y/o play games rated T or M.  If the rating isn't E, then she wasn't allowed to play.  But we didn't really have that problem since we only bought E rated games anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN