Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

The Ex

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 83 Replies
I grew up with Step Siblings but I never considered them "Step", they are my brothers. My husbands ex wife tells my two step sons (her children) that their half brother is not, nor never will be their brother. She verbally attacks my 1 year old son through text messages and emails. I've never treated her badly and I've always said I will never take her spot, she will ALWAYS be their Mom and I've made it clear that I'm not on her side and I'm not on my husbands side...I'm on the boys side. Yet she still continues to tell them to act like they don't see us when we are at school function and my 1, almost 2 year old doesn't understand why his brothers wont come see him. She have those boys so scared that they are afraid to come to our house. The first day is us showing them that things their Mom has told them are not 100% sure, 2nd day they are amazing. Running around, playing, cuddling, etc. then the 3rd day comes and they watch the clock like crazy because they know they will be going back to Mommy's house soon. How do handle the drama and hurt she is causing her own children and our family? Will she ever act civil towards us? How can a Mother verbally attack another child? I can't wait and I get so excited when the boys are coming for their weekends at our house but I hate the hurt that comes along with them.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caligirl7613
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
oh man that is a tough one. i wish i had advice but really having never even been close to this situation i dont. good luck and hugs to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

How can she verbally attack your baby through text messages and emails? can he read?

don't read her texts or emails and then you won't know what she is saying about  your son. 

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM

He's 1. Almost 2.  He doesn't get any of this.  You are projecting.  Seriously.

I get that you're frustrated and all, but you're really making a mountain out of a molehill.  Just make things nice when the kids are there.  It will be fine. 

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM
5 moms liked this

The best thing to do is ignore her.  You can probably change your cellphone number and not be charged for it if you tell them that you are being harrassed.  You can also change your email address.  DON'T give out any contact information to BM.

All you can do is to keep assuring the kids that you love them and that they are always welcome.  Let BM dig her own grave.  Kids aren't stupid and one day they will be old enough to either ignore her when she talks shit, or tell her that what she is saying isn't true and they don't want to hear it.

2bcalledmommy
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I'm sorry you're going through that.

I know your situation is different but My DH and I went through something similar and this is what my DH did. He sent his ex a very rational email with just the facts, leaving out any emotions so that if it ever comes to it and you need to use it as evidence in court or mediation your DH doesn't look bad. He CC'd his lawyer on the email, basically saying he means business if she doesn't stop her shenanigans.

It worked for us, eventually she got the picture and stopped being so irrational.
OvertiredMommy
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I see whackjobs have told ya not to read them, but I would either file harrassment charges or go slapahoe on her
CFSTBSM27
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously....How exactly do children so small comprehend all of that? Im a little confused seems a but over the top
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM
5 moms liked this

The harassment charges will be dropped due to, it's not actually harassment. And slapahoe will land you in jail with the other criminals.

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

I see whackjobs have told ya not to read them, but I would either file harrassment charges or go slapahoe on her

OvertiredMommy
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM
If she keeps texting her like that and she tells her not to contact her anymore it is harrassment. And bd should have a problem with his baby being done like that. There is no reason for a bm to dp that

Quoting whatIknownow:

The harassment charges will be dropped due to, it's not actually harassment. And slapahoe will land you in jail with the other criminals.

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM
4 moms liked this

It's a good thing you're keeping it classy in here....

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)