Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
I grew up with Step Siblings but I never considered them "Step", they are my brothers. My husbands ex wife tells my two step sons (her children) that their half brother is not, nor never will be their brother. She verbally attacks my 1 year old son through text messages and emails. I've never treated her badly and I've always said I will never take her spot, she will ALWAYS be their Mom and I've made it clear that I'm not on her side and I'm not on my husbands side...I'm on the boys side. Yet she still continues to tell them to act like they don't see us when we are at school function and my 1, almost 2 year old doesn't understand why his brothers wont come see him. She have those boys so scared that they are afraid to come to our house. The first day is us showing them that things their Mom has told them are not 100% sure, 2nd day they are amazing. Running around, playing, cuddling, etc. then the 3rd day comes and they watch the clock like crazy because they know they will be going back to Mommy's house soon. How do handle the drama and hurt she is causing her own children and our family? Will she ever act civil towards us? How can a Mother verbally attack another child? I can't wait and I get so excited when the boys are coming for their weekends at our house but I hate the hurt that comes along with them.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
Pero3
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM

So why is it a lie to tell a child "this is not your sibling, it is your half-sibling"? What is incorrect about this statement? 

Quoting chasinrainbows:

Half siblings ARE siblings. It's an outright lie to tell a child otherwise.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Its' not. And so far that is the only 'verbal attack" I have seen mentioned. It is still not clear what the mother is saying that is so awful, or whom she is saying it to.

And the fact that the OP doesn't want to block her number in case there is some kind of emergency, tells me she is not ready to remove herself from the drama.

Quoting Pero3:

So why is it a lie to tell a child "this is not your sibling, it is your half-sibling"? What is incorrect about this statement? 

Quoting chasinrainbows:

Half siblings ARE siblings. It's an outright lie to tell a child otherwise.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually it is.  BM or the kids can call DAD.  If she doesn't like dealing with him, well too fricken bad for her.  She had her chance to be civil with you and she blew it.  *yawn*  Too bad, so sad!!  Bye bye!!! :-)

Seriously, it is an option.  Especially if she's being an insane bitch and not nice to you.  I mean, what would she do if your DH was single and had NO significant other??  That's right, BM would call her kid's dad.

I refuse to deal with my skid's BM because she's a self-entitled spoiled bitch who thinks she's smarter than everyone else.  She had one chance with me and she blew it.  DH deals with her.  The kids have a way to contact me, and BM is NOT allowed to call me or email me.  If she has an issue, she calls my husband.  She doesn't like that she can't get to me and every now and then she complains to DH about it, but you know what?  She has nothing to complain about because whatever it is she needs/wants/has to say gets DONE through him.  So bottom line, TOO FRICKEN BAD.

Quoting CLarson1987:

Block the number to someone who has my two step sons. What if they try calling me? What if their is an emergency? That's not an option.

Quoting whatIknownow:

If you don't read the texts to him, he won't know she is saying those things. I think it is silly to say she is "attacking" him. What is she saying about him, and to whom? is she texting you personally? Why haven't you blocked her number?

Quoting CLarson1987:

Think I haven't tried that. It doesn't matter if he can read or not. It's my son and it's my job to protect him from people who are not all there.

Quoting whatIknownow:

How can she verbally attack your baby through text messages and emails? can he read?

don't read her texts or emails and then you won't know what she is saying about  your son. 

OvertiredMommy
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
They like their kids to disrepect sm

Quoting whatIknownow:

What does "get off on their lids" mean? Is that another ghetto phrase?

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

I am a very blunt person. I dont blame behavior disorders or anything else on a teens complete disrespect for others. It is the parent"s responsibilty to deal with behavior such as pooping pants or refusal to bathe. But for some bms, they get off on their lids making life Hell for the sm, and instead of stopping the behaviors they want the sm to let their kids do what they want, kiss their little asses, etc just because sm married her ex. Those are the bm i do tell like it is.

Quoting whatIknownow:

I didn't read anything about threats and cursing.

I mean, not anything as bas as "take your nasty bastard and stick him up your ass."

You mean like that?

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

Threats n cursing about a baby could mean mental instability and get him custody

Quoting whatIknownow:

what does "his baby being done like that" mean?

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

If she keeps texting her like that and she tells her not to contact her anymore it is harrassment. And bd should have a problem with his baby being done like that. There is no reason for a bm to dp that

Quoting whatIknownow:

The harassment charges will be dropped due to, it's not actually harassment. And slapahoe will land you in jail with the other criminals.

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

I see whackjobs have told ya not to read them, but I would either file harrassment charges or go slapahoe on her

Pero3
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

How do you define "disrespect" in this context?

OvertiredMommy
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Gross them out, throw fits, talk back and totally disregard any rules sm haz put in her house. Its not just dad"z house, its herz too. but they teach their kidsto think of sm as an outsider. And again, not all bm do this

Quoting Pero3:

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

How do you define "disrespect" in this context?

DDDaysh
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Damn you, I almost burst out laughing at that!  

Quoting whatIknownow:

I think it's the ghetto version of whack-a-mole.

Quoting sandeeyo:

Isn't slapahoe like a game or something?

Quoting whatIknownow:

The harassment charges will be dropped due to, it's not actually harassment. And slapahoe will land you in jail with the other criminals.

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

I see whackjobs have told ya not to read them, but I would either file harrassment charges or go slapahoe on her

DDDaysh
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM

An emergency of what type?  She can always call your husband.  You don't actually NEED to be in contact with her.  

Quoting CLarson1987:

Block the number to someone who has my two step sons. What if they try calling me? What if their is an emergency? That's not an option.

Quoting whatIknownow:

If you don't read the texts to him, he won't know she is saying those things. I think it is silly to say she is "attacking" him. What is she saying about him, and to whom? is she texting you personally? Why haven't you blocked her number?

Quoting CLarson1987:

Think I haven't tried that. It doesn't matter if he can read or not. It's my son and it's my job to protect him from people who are not all there.

Quoting whatIknownow:

How can she verbally attack your baby through text messages and emails? can he read?

don't read her texts or emails and then you won't know what she is saying about  your son. 

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Slapahoe Nation is the name of my DH's fantasy football team. Has been for years.

Quoting sandeeyo:

Isn't slapahoe like a game or something?

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

Pero3
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quoting OvertiredMommy:

Gross them out, throw fits, talk back and totally disregard any rules sm haz put in her house. Its not just dad"z house, its herz too. but they teach their kidsto think of sm as an outsider. And again, not all bm do this

I don't now what "gross them out" means in this context.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN