Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Anybody else have a stepson that they really don't like? I can't even be in the same room with him without feeling uncomfortable.

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:40 AM
  • 17 Replies

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Why?  What exactly does he do that makes you uncomfortable?  How old is he?  How often do you see him?  

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you should just leave the room.

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Is this a new problem? What brought it about? Are there other skids? Do you get along with them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Yes, actually I do. He is 13 and a pretty rotten kid. His younger brother and sister are sweet as can be but he is a selfish entitled brat. He also starts the most shit between our home and his mother's. He LOVES to see everyone fight and LIES sooo much.

I've gotten where I mostly just avoid him and he does the same. Apparently he was the same way with the woman my DF dated for 2 years previous to me. Oh and he treats his siblings like crap. They are both 9 and he hits them among other things.
Sunseg
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Yes. And I couldn't just leave the room. When I did he would be cruel to my children and my dog. I got to the point when he was 17 that I just told HIM to leave the room. He would laugh sarcastically but, he would leave. I knew he was moving out soon so I didn't care anymore.

He's 18 now and I still cannot stand him. He's an awful human being and honestly he scares me as well. My SD's are upset with their little bros behavior as well. They have stood up for me when he was cruel to me in the house when DH wasn't around. SS would yell at them. He would always say why are you standing up for that bitch - I thought blood is thicker than water!!!! He's a real charmer.
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

How old is he and what exactly does he do?

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

No, I do nt hate my ss's. 

More info is really needed. What age? What sich? What happened? Has it been like this since day one or suddenly? 

DDDaysh
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't even imagine marrying someone if I hated their child.  

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

There's a massive difference between dislike and hate.  Some people aren't terribly likable.  Hatred is less about the object of hate, however, and more about the person choosing to be hateful.  It takes effort.  As such, you can love someone in spite of disliking them or hate someone who hasn't done anything to merit being disliked.  I point that out for the posters who made the illogical leap from OP's use of "dislike" and "uncomfortable" to the assumption of hatred.

Anyway... What don't you like about your SS?  What does he do that makes you uncomfortable? 

kristinbugg
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Sounds like a personal problem that YOU have. Relocate yourself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN