Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Tell me what new music you like...

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am a tiny bit drunk right now having had an ice cold martini with raw oysters freshly pulled from Hood Canal this morning then a lovely white wine with tempura oysters.

I have been totally grooving on Neko Case's new album.  Especially the song Man.  My favorite lyrics are:

And if I'm dipshit drunk on the pink perfume
I am the man in the fucking moon
'Cause you didn't know what a man was
Until I showed you

What are you listening to tonight?

I am actually listening to DH and SS14 playing in the basement.  Who knows what the fuck it is, but they are having fun.

What are you listening to?

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM

never heard of it. But it sounds like you had a fun night!

how does one harvest oysters?

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
After a busy week and a long day at work I came home to a fire in the fireplace, a homemade birthday cake, a small belated birthday party with the inlaws, and the Beatles on the record player.

After BM picked up SS and my inlaws left, DH and I turned off all the lights, snuggled on the couch, watched the fire, and listened to Bob Dylan.

It was a very peaceful evening.
deadlights86
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I usually listen to rock music I have Pandora on my phone and I listen to either the Godsmack station or Sully Erna which would be the lead singer of Godsmack but he does his own music which is kinda new ago alot of various instruments and tribal drumming.
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM

The house we rented has a high bank in the town of Brinnon on Hood Canal.  If you googlemapped it, you would see the unusual bodies of water and land.  You walk down 4 flights of stairs to a rocky beach.  At lower tides it is covered with oysters.  Some freestanding, most attached to rocks in groups.  You walk out, stick your hand in ice cold crystal clear water and pull one up.  It was so cool the first time I actually saw how to harvest them.  I pulled on up, shucked it on the spot and sucked it down.  Freshest oyster I ever had.

Quoting whatIknownow:

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM

You cannot do that here or you'll get shot.  People have their oyster beds and that is their livelihood.  Gotta love Louisiana.

I have, however, not let that stop me.  My uncle has pulled some up and shucked a few and talk about YUMMY and it is the freshest that I've had as well.

I'm at the office, so currently, I am listening to iTunes radio and sipping on my coffee.  About to go for round 2 of coffee. ;) 

Quoting pdxmum:

The house we rented has a high bank in the town of Brinnon on Hood Canal.  If you googlemapped it, you would see the unusual bodies of water and land.  You walk down 4 flights of stairs to a rocky beach.  At lower tides it is covered with oysters.  Some freestanding, most attached to rocks in groups.  You walk out, stick your hand in ice cold crystal clear water and pull one up.  It was so cool the first time I actually saw how to harvest them.  I pulled on up, shucked it on the spot and sucked it down.  Freshest oyster I ever had.

Quoting whatIknownow:

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Quota is 17/ day per person,  this is private beachfront property, maybe that is the difference.

i still have a towel wrapped around my head getting ready for work.

Quoting pepper504:

You cannot do that here or you'll get shot.  People have their oyster beds and that is their livelihood.  Gotta love Louisiana.

I have, however, not let that stop me.  My uncle has pulled some up and shucked a few and talk about YUMMY and it is the freshest that I've had as well.

I'm at the office, so currently, I am listening to iTunes radio and sipping on my coffee.  About to go for round 2 of coffee. ;) 

Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting whatIknownow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN