Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Definition

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 13 Replies
What does the definition of step parent mean to you?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM
6 moms liked this

A stepparent is someone who married a parent.  Or is in a long term loving partnership with a parent.  A parent is someone responsible for the genetic make-up of a child (i.e. they contributed sperm or eggs) or one who legally adopted a child.  

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I think this is a good definition.

Quoting pdxmum:

A stepparent is someone who married a parent.  Or is in a long term loving partnership with a parent.  A parent is someone responsible for the genetic make-up of a child (i.e. they contributed sperm or eggs) or one who legally adopted a child.  

whatIknownow
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM

The wife of a man with kids.

whatIknownow
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I agree with this. I would further clarify "long term" to be several years, not months.

We use "Sm" here to include girlfriends, but only out of convenience. I don't consider girlfriends to be stepparents.

Quoting pdxmum:

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Perfect Explanation!

Quoting pdxmum:

bottomline
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I like pdxmum's explanation.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Quoting pdxmum:

You just have ALL of the answers, dontcha? ;)

looneytunes290
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

A person who marries someone who has children from previous relationship.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM
A man or woman married to a person with children from another relationship. Because without the marriage without the children - they would not be a stepparent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Quoting pdxmum:

Yup.  This.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)