Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: Tooth loss..

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Give him the money

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

DS Who is 7 just "lost " his first tooth at school(well ever really) He cant find it No one sister, sitter or myself has seen it though I am waitng to hear back from the teacher if she saw it. Your probbaly wondering why it matters. I give $20 for the first tooth, and he complains off and on that he is the "only " kid who hasnt lost any teeth. A little more history is I recently had them retianed in first grade due to a multitude of issues. I am wondeing if he is just trying to fit in. FYI-Its a molar witch I find odd and it doesnt look like it just fell out, but it is missing.

UPDATE ...He finially did admit he didnt lose a tooth! I told him the tooth fairy needed to find it or no money, I could tell by the look on his face he was full of it . Then he started to cry :-( he is wanting so badly to fit in at school, poor baby we had a long talk about lying. He has such a hard time at school with everything plus his twin sister has lost 4... I hope he loses one soon!
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Is the tooth gone? Was there a tooth to begin with? Lol or is it a gap where a tooth will be coming in? It is odd that he has not lost his front teeth first however teeth can come and go at their own discretion.

Are you thinking that he isn't telling the truth? Maybe he didn't really lose the tooth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miapia1020
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Are you saying ss is claiming to have lost a tooth but you can't find the whole in his mouth where it went missing? Did you ask ss which tooth fell out, like point to the area where it was?
MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

My DS lost a tooth at school. He took it to his Nana's after school and then they couldn't find it. His Pawpaw even went through all the trash in the house, but couldn't find the tooth. DS was so devestated. I told him to write a note and explain it to the tooth fairy and we'll see what the tooth fairy did. Needless to say, the tooth fairy took the note and left money in it's place. I thought is was precious!!

twinklebites
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Yes I belive he is being untruthful there is a tooth coming in but it doesnt appear like one just fell out , I hope I explained that well. I have no idea if there was amolar there in the first place we have more adult teeth than baby teeth. So I really dont know...

Quoting momof2ex1:

Is the tooth gone? Was there a tooth to begin with? Lol or is it a gap where a tooth will be coming in? It is odd that he has not lost his front teeth first however teeth can come and go at their own discretion.

Are you thinking that he isn't telling the truth? Maybe he didn't really lose the tooth?

twinklebites
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM

It is the last molor on the top left there is a tooth coming in but it doesnt apperar that one just fell out.

Quoting miapia1020:

Are you saying ss is claiming to have lost a tooth but you can't find the whole in his mouth where it went missing? Did you ask ss which tooth fell out, like point to the area where it was?

ramita
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Is there one to match it on the other side? How many teeth does he have on that side?
twinklebites
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Equal on both sides... I dont want to call him a liar but I cant determine weather he really lost it or not!  I cant tell if its larger or not its not all the way though

Quoting ramita:

Is there one to match it on the other side? How many teeth does he have on that side?

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Did he lose it today? He shouldn't have one coming in that fast.
ramita
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Maybe this will help

http://health.state.tn.us/oralhealth/howmanyteeth.html

Quoting twinklebites:

Equal on both sides... I dont want to call him a liar but I cant determine weather he really lost it or not!  I cant tell if its larger or not its not all the way though

Quoting ramita:

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Everyone has more adult teeth than baby teeth lol

It's unlikely that he would lose a molar at 7 FIRST. He would likely lose his teeth in the same order that they came in. My dd is 12 and just lost her last baby molar last year .. BUT all kids are different and teeth do their own thing sometimes. I hate to say he is not being honest but I am willing to bet a Pepsi that he didn't lose a back molar yet .. :( let us know what you end up doing!!

Quoting twinklebites:

Yes I belive he is being untruthful there is a tooth coming in but it doesnt appear like one just fell out , I hope I explained that well. I have no idea if there was amolar there in the first place we have more adult teeth than baby teeth. So I really dont know...

Quoting momof2ex1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)