Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

new here any other step moms?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 23 Replies

Hi! i just joined and to be honest im looking for other step moms to help me keep my sanity!

I have two "step" kids a girl 16 and a boy 11, i also have two boys from a pervious marriage but they dont live with us.  Hubby and i married last year been together over three years.

Honestly i have just realized how hard it is getting sd made a play and won and im just so darn hurt and pissed at my husband! Im depressed and just feel like giving up most days i feel like a damn maid and the only one who cares! sorry i know im rambling i just need a boost, thanks

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I don't understand what "sd made a play and won" means. She tried out for a play?

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM

What does "sd made a play and won" mean?

TraceyBusta
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM

oh sorry in other words we butted heads, basically she has a phone and i know for a fact shes on the darn thing all night i wanted to turn wifi off and after hubby and i discussed it and he agreed she threw a fit and he went and talked to her and then went back on it, saying we will leave it on. im just incredulous and still furious and having huge resentment issues right now, im considering seeing a counselor because i dont know any other step moms 

DDDaysh
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM

How old are your boys?  

Why does it bother you if his daughter is on her cell phone?  

This is really one of those times where it's best to let him be the parent to his own kids.  She can't "win" a power struggle if you decide not to struggle with her.  You don't need to be in competition with his child.  

Quoting TraceyBusta:

oh sorry in other words we butted heads, basically she has a phone and i know for a fact shes on the darn thing all night i wanted to turn wifi off and after hubby and i discussed it and he agreed she threw a fit and he went and talked to her and then went back on it, saying we will leave it on. im just incredulous and still furious and having huge resentment issues right now, im considering seeing a counselor because i dont know any other step moms 

TraceyBusta
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM

heres the thing..she sleeps all the time im talking til 4 or 5 in the evening and in the mornings she says she "doesnt feel good" so she can sleep all day.  did i mention last year she was caught sneaking out and meeting a boy? among other things thus my concern

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Sleeping a lot is typical of teens. Why does it bother you how much she sleeps?

What did her father do about her sneaking out and meeting a boy?  

why do you care if she's on her phone all night? how does that affect you?

DeliteCrazy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope, no other step moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:00 PM

But, again, the question is why YOU are letting her sleep habbits bother you?  Who cares if she sleeps all day?  Lots of teens sleep all day.  

Quoting TraceyBusta:

heres the thing..she sleeps all the time im talking til 4 or 5 in the evening and in the mornings she says she "doesnt feel good" so she can sleep all day.  did i mention last year she was caught sneaking out and meeting a boy? among other things thus my concern

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Said with all kindness, who cares if she's I it all night? If she fails school due to lack of sleep, it's your DH and her moms problem not yours. This was drawing a line in the sand that didn't need drawing . Pick your battles. I'd not let my kids eat the crap SO let's the skids eat but they aren't mine so idc.

Quoting TraceyBusta:

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Quoting TraceyBusta:

Ive been with my Bf for a bit over 3 yrs, I live with him and his kids, he has 5 total, but his triplets (8yo's 2 boys 1 girl) live with us, as well as my son (5yo) and I feel the same way. He always lets them have their way no matter what I say, its been this way since Ive been with him. Hes so sweet and nice when they are visiting at their moms, but the min the walk in the door they get to run the house AND all over me, and he rarely says ANYTHING unless its completely no way talking himself and his kids out of it. I always hear excuse after excuse for HIS kids, however the min my son (3 yrs YOUNGER than his!) does anything out of line he's the 1st to jump his shit. Ive disengaged from them, but not completely (though I feel it coming to that very soon) and they treat me like Im not even here unless they want me to do something for them, so I know and get exactly what you mean. And I hope things get better for ya. *hug*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)