Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can smoms live happily ever after?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 24 Replies

Has any smoms out there experienced a peaceful coexsistence with the bm?  My relationship with my skids' bm has been a rollercoaster.  She wasn't in the picture for the first 2 yrs, custody battles the next 3 yrs, but the last 12 months have been peaceful.  Is there any hope things could actually remain civil & content between smom and bmom?

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LNLMommy
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I know some people are able to..unfortunately, I am not among that group. I try to coexist with BM but she is still butthurt over a crap from the past so I let it be. I can't let one person determine my happiness.

Birdseed
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure.

I'm good with BM for the most part.  It can be done.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM
4 moms liked this

I have a peaceful co-existence with my stepkids' mother. We don't interact much.

kmarie44
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM

that is so good to hear :-)  how old are your skid(s) and how long have you had to coparent with bm? 

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I don't co-parent with my stepkids' mother. I co-parent with my husband, and he co-parents with the kids' mother.

I've been a SM for 11 years, custodial for 10 of the 11 years. My stepkids are 18 and 14.

Quoting kmarie44:

that is so good to hear :-)  how old are your skid(s) and how long have you had to coparent with bm? 

GlockMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a very peaceful coexistence with both BM1 and BM2 now.  It was ok in the very beginning, got very rocky then got very easy going again a few years ago.  I learned to not interact with them at all.  If there is no interaction, there are no issues. 

jules2boys
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I know some personally but I think those who do have the peaceful existance, the 'happily ever after', aren't seeking advice or expressing concerns on a website either.  ;) 

bottomline
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 5:05 PM

It can happen with the right amount of distance.  If the bm in your sitch is crazy, ignore and avoid contact with her.  Your blended family deserves happiness and having as little interaction with bm as possible may be the key to that happiness.

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I was friendly with the bm from my ex. And I peacefully coexist with bm#2 now. I expect dh to manage her generally. Leaving me to be simply pleasant
packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Oct. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I think my ex's wife had a peaceful one with me.  I didn't bother her, didn't co parent with her, didn't talk to her, didn't care if she was around or not.  I just lived my life and raised my kids the same as if she wasn't around.  She really didn't have it all that bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured