Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM is killing me...lol

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 24 Replies

We found out about a month ago my SD16 who was living with BM (DH and I have custody) was pregnant. We moved her back in with us and are helping her still graduate and go to college. Well, MIL comes over and plays us a voicemail on her cell from BM telling her that she just wanted to give her the heads up (because we live next door to MIL) that if she sees people moving things in and out of my house that she spoke to DH and that I am moving out and that my two DDs with DH are staying there with DH and that she and DH are getting back together and raising all the kids and grandchild together. MIL was floored. After playing that message, DH assured her that we were not splitting up and that he sure as hell was not getting back together with BM. Now we have been nice to her up to this point (more than we should have because of past incidents) but this one takes the cake. This one was a little worse than her calling my MIL and telling her that she was pregnant with DH's child after she had her hysterectomy. I could see her causing problems if we had not been married long but I have been married to him for 12 years. Also, she still refers to me as his temporary wife. Our marriage has lasted twice as long as theirs did...lol. Chick is crazy!

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spicy0425
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

This BM takes the cake in the delusional department.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ask MIL to cease relaying message BM leaves her to me or my husband.  The. End.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM

WOW.  That is freaking crazy and scary all at once.  Hope that you do not end up on an episode of 48 hours or 20/20 because she's gonna crack eventually.

WOW...

Tx_stepmom
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Wow...she's whacko!  Is she a habitual drug user?  Just wondering?  

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Holy wow. Disturbing.
charleyangel317
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Normally she just ignores them but because we have not really talked to her in the last week (we have all been busy) she wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. MIL is changing her number today and Dh and I are doing the same with our phones and SD's phone. BM raised hell when we moved SD back in with us because it was our decision and not her's. She caused a scene so we just called the cops to be there while we got the rest of SD's things. SD told the cop that she would have a better chance with us than her BM and it has been this crazy stuff since.

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

I would ask MIL to cease relaying message BM leaves her to me or my husband.  The. End.

charleyangel317
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM

surprisingly...no

Quoting Tx_stepmom:

Tx_stepmom
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I thought for a second that she might be having a bad trip and hallucinating, but this sounds normal for her.  I thought my DH's Ex was bad, you win.....LOL

Good luck with crazy.  I'd be watching over my back if it were me.  

Quoting charleyangel317:

surprisingly...no

Quoting Tx_stepmom:

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Why if there is only a scant one week lapse in communication would you MIL think anything BM said was remotely plausible.  I do not speak to my mother every week, and if my ex called her and spouted off some insanity, it would not be addressed.  

Quoting charleyangel317:

Normally she just ignores them but because we have not really talked to her in the last week (we have all been busy) she wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. MIL is changing her number today and Dh and I are doing the same with our phones and SD's phone. BM raised hell when we moved SD back in with us because it was our decision and not her's. She caused a scene so we just called the cops to be there while we got the rest of SD's things. SD told the cop that she would have a better chance with us than her BM and it has been this crazy stuff since.

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Your MIL should just block BM from her phone.  And I'm really sorry but I find your story funny--of course I wouldn't if I was in your shoes but just hearing that is funny.  Clearly BM is a whacko who no one should take seriously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)