Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Skids sibling that is not their dad child

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM
  • 26 Replies

Please tell me if I'm wrong. My SD have a 4 yr old sis who has her own dad. Child was conceive during marriage via an affair.  SD who is 16 lives with us. She ask her Dad in front of me if her sis can come over and spend the nite. Dad says yes. I wasn't acknowledge at all. SD mom do not like me or try to get along with me. She just started speaking to me last week after 3 yrs.  that was due to a incident with SD. she has disrespected me n so has SD. I Have no problem with 4 yrs old coming over to spend the nite because shes inoccent. but Y would u let ur daughter from another man that was conceived thru an affair cone to my house n you don't like me. My SD says I shld not be upset because that's his daughter sister n he do t want his daughter feeling uncomfortable. I told him he shldve asked me or say to SD, "it's ok with me as long as its ok withSM. He still say I'm wrong. I left the house early to go to wrk because I was so upset and still is. I told him the ex wife has no respect for me n its the principle of it. His daughter can see her sis at her moms house. I feel like she's just doing this to be spiteful. Thoughts anyone. I know I ramble but I was trying to make it short n to the point 

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM

So, everyone has to suffer because YOU have a problem with BM not liking you??

spicy0425
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:54 AM

The problem is with your husband. He should have asked you since you are one of the 2 adults in this household.  I think if nothing bad happened between you and the BM, you'd be ok with the 2 SDs come and spend the night even without the dad asking you first. I'd say stop worrying about this petty thing and let the kids have the sleep over.  Be a bigger person and see how things will come  back to you.

Pearson50
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:56 AM

No one is suffering. The 4 yr old came over. I don't have a problem with child coming over. It's a very long story behind it and there is a lot of disrespect towards me for no reason even now the SD who lives with me and I keep my mouth shut on a lot of things. SD don't even know my thoughts on this. So no o e has suffered 

OregonMom80
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I agree with your DH. In fact I've been the one to push DH to be better about the other kids. Some of the kids from BM's home have come over here and it has never been an issue. They're polite when here. My half sibs have come with us to our dad's and I still see both of my ex-SFs from when I was young.

DSS is welcome to have friends over and if his friend happens to be one of BM's bf's kids so be it.
Pearson50
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank u spicy. I was the bigger person and the 4 yr old came over for a sleep over. I told my hubby just let me know or ask if its ok with me. Just respect me as well. That's all I wanted to know. I would never deny her little sister to come over. 

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I am just amazed that someone would leave their 4 year old overnight with an Ex-partner who is not their child's other parent, I think it is unsafe but I am a paranoid parent.

Graceplustwo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Totally. I think its very strange. Its like my dd going to skids moms house ...ummm NO! Lol ,And my dh always consults me about everything that happens in our home.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

I am just amazed that someone would leave their 4 year old overnight with an Ex-partner who is not their child's other parent, I think it is unsafe but I am a paranoid parent.

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM

So you're saying dad shouldn't have a say in it since you're not okay with it?

Mom doesn't have to like you and she might be looking at it like sending her kid to her ex's house and not even thinking about you.

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Quoting Graceplustwo:

Totally. I think its very strange. Its like my dd going to skids moms house ...ummm NO! Lol ,And my dh always consults me about everything that happens in our home.

This is how some moms feel about SM's house and their own kids.  Aside from that, do your kids stay the night at friend's houses?  Grandparents?  Other people you get along with?  If so, if mom and dad get along what is the harm in sending a sibling to stay the night with their brother/sister on occasion?
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I think he should have asked as having another mouth in the house changes a lot of things for the time the child is there. Plus with the age difference, the parents might have been planning to go out and now have to stay home because of the little one. Besides, I've never heard of a 16 year old wanting to hang out with their 4 year old sibling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)