Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

must say it feels good...

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 143 Replies
2 moms liked this
So BM signed SD up for a cheer camp. My husband knows I use to cheer and suggested I volunteer. I didn't right away but after seeing one person try to coach 15 5-6year olds with no prior experience, I did. There was an opportunity to volunteer on the enrollment form and obviously, no parents did as there were no parents helping. So, the coach ended up being a 22 yr. Old sorority party girl that has NO dedication to the camp at all. She has not shown for the last 2 practices now leaving me alone with all the girls.
The first practice I was alone for BM didn't say or do anything about. Just snatched SD by the arm at the end of practice without really letting her say bye to me or DH.
But yeaterday she tried to start a total revolt against me, which only one mom joined in. She took SD home at the start of practice and had her mo- SD grandma email the coordinator saying that SD needs to be transferred to another city since I am coaching or they want their money back.

At the conclusion of practice I got a call saying BM and grandma dont dictate the program and they are thankful for my help. They told me it takes a big person to love another child enough to volunteer in their activities.
BM is going to continue to use her mom to do her dirty work, all the while making herself look like a darn fool.

Well done BM. Well done.
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
5 moms liked this

I would not let my daughter be under your guidance either. You are actively trying to push for custody of her child by getting CPS involved for bug bites and she knows it.

Well done new stepmom, well done.

bnc2712
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Mmm. Who called CPS? Nobody. Guess you'd need the facts to form an educated opinion. You can shut your mouth now, thanks.
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have withdrawn my child from that camp, because the coach quit, leaving only one volunteer who "used to cheer". I would have wanted my money back too.

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I'm pretty sure you knew you coaching would be an issue with mom and because you got involved now sd doesn't get to do the camp. Nice going.

bnc2712
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM
4 moms liked this
SD will continue to cheer on our weekends and I will teach her what she misses if BM really is that immature.
bnc2712
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I didn't right away, but I didn't see BM or any other parent volunteer and they really needed the help, so now my MIL and I are handling it.
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

You could have not volunteered and then she wouldn't have missed it at all, but obviously you don't care about that.

Quoting bnc2712:

SD will continue to cheer on our weekends and I will teach her what she misses if BM really is that immature.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM

actually i'm calling bs on this whole story. I doubt a "parent" volunteer is now taking over the whole program. I would imagine if the coach quit, the program would be cancelled.

Quoting soonergirl980:

I'm pretty sure you knew you coaching would be an issue with mom and because you got involved now sd doesn't get to do the camp. Nice going.

bnc2712
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM
And for the record in 3 weeks the girls were able to master 2 cheers with the "coach". They learned 3 in one week with me and MIL, so I can't say I'm not qualified. If anything, the coach would be a better fit for older girls who can learn the way she coaches.

And the other parents appreciated my effort and were very excited to see the girls learn something, so agai, not convinced I did anything so wicked and evil.
bnc2712
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I cheered for 10 years and coached for 3 years. I'm not some clumsy, unqualified bum. I have the experience to do it.

Quoting whatIknownow:

actually i'm calling bs on this whole story. I doubt a "parent" volunteer is now taking over the whole program. I would imagine if the coach quit, the program would be cancelled.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)