Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

frustrated right now

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM
  • 32 Replies

To make a long story short. We have been batteling Lice for the past 2 1/2 months. Picked up sd from bm and bm said "she's been itching her head a lot." we asked if it was Lice and were told no it's not. Well it was Lice. We got rid of it. 2 weeks later she comes back with it again so we get rid of it yet again (vaccuum the couch, chairs her bed, our bed, cleaned everything.) Send her to bm with no lice and she comes back with it yet again. About a month ago BM gave her a trim cut a good 4 to 5 inches off. We dropped sd off sun the 13th. We got a call friday saying that she has Lice yet again and that she is getting it from here from us. What I don't get is that if she was getting it from us then we would have Lice. But I don't have it her dad doesn't have it. a little boy I take care of doesn't have it. Nobody in this house has Lice. We were informed tonight that bm shaved sd's (3 1/2) head. Her excuse was "her hair was ruined from the lice treatments."

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I battled Lice... It sucks. I cut dd13 hair to an inch and two on the top,the dyed the top. She looked cute. Lice sucks... However.... Now that her hair has been shaved, the problem should be solved. 

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Even if it was coming from your house BM would still have to make sure she vaccumed really well and change sds sheets every night that she was there. It sounds like BM is not cleaning and that's how sd keeps getting reinfested. Lice is a bitch I dealt w/it w/my own son.
OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM

The best way I found to get rid of the lice was to thickly coat the hair in crisco and leave it on.

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

wow, wtf .. she couldve asked, and if my sd was coming back that many times, the 2nd wouldve been it for me, I wouldnt have let her ass have sd again for awhile.. gross! :/

OregonMom80
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Lice can be incredibly difficult to treat and there are bugs becoming resistant to OTC treatments.  If you don't comb all of the nits out, it can return fairly easily.

The one time DSS got lice it was from somebody in DH's family when we had him the full week, so luckily we were able to fully treat it, comb for nits and then treat him again at the end of the week to be on the safe side.  Considering BM can't even get rid of athlete's foot at her house or make sure DSS treats for that, I'd hate to see what happened if we had to rely on her to treat for lice.

Graceplustwo
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Wow shaved her head. Poor girl
dap1983
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM

We have been taking care of it. we first used a non toxic spray. I also did a lot of combing and rinsing the comb in hot water with some dawn dish soap. We had the pleasure of dealing with ring worm as well. There are a lot of other issues we are dealing with. We were just informed that there is now a CPS case against BM.

Quoting OregonMom80:

Lice can be incredibly difficult to treat and there are bugs becoming resistant to OTC treatments.  If you don't comb all of the nits out, it can return fairly easily.

The one time DSS got lice it was from somebody in DH's family when we had him the full week, so luckily we were able to fully treat it, comb for nits and then treat him again at the end of the week to be on the safe side.  Considering BM can't even get rid of athlete's foot at her house or make sure DSS treats for that, I'd hate to see what happened if we had to rely on her to treat for lice.

mz_erica03
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM

that's what I was thinking :(

Quoting Graceplustwo:

dap1983
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

We picked up some cute hats and some pretty pink headbands today. Mostly so she has something on her head as it is starting to get cold here. It drops to about 30 degrees at night.

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Quoting Graceplustwo:

That's what I was thinking. I couldn't imagine shaving the head of my 3 year old. I've been working 2.5 years to grow my toddlers hair out!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)