Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you ever feel sorry for your EX?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 58 Replies

Recently SM and I have had some disagreement about something and she questioned my parenting in a extremely passive aggressive way, not really going to get into that . However BF is deployed. SM texted me some BS and I emailed BF instead of her , simply because I had no intention of feeding the fire ( But yes I really wanted to tell her off)

This isn't the first time something like this has happened . SM and I are very opposite she plays damsel in distress very well me not so much I haven't got the energy. I get a response from him and he calls the next day, about it I know how stressed he is during deployments what SM is complaining about is pure BS, I know it , he knows it... He just sounds defeated by her actions since deployment started. I actually felt sorry for him , I know he chose her and this is his bed to lay in but a small part feel bad for him.

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM

no, not in my case. I think my ex married a nice lady. I think he will cheat on her, or more likely has been cheating on her already, and at some point she will figure it out (if she hasn't already) and then she will have to decide whether to stay with him or not.

So if I feel sorry for anyone it's the SM not ex. Although in some ways I do feel sorry for him because he can't seem to stop these behaviors that destroy his relationships.

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Nope...can't say I've ever felt bad for my ex. Even when I heard the girl he was dating after we split up was a bitch, I couldn't feel bad. They got married 9 months after getting together, had a baby by their first anniversary and divorced by their second. He has had 2 more kids since then and just turned 28 this year. He thinks the only way to be happy is to be with someone and have a family with them...maybe the 4th time will be a winner for him.
momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Not once have I ever felt sorry for Ex.  I have felt sorry for SM.  I've lived the life she is living and it is hell.  

DeliteCrazy
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Nope,

He doesn't care who gets hurt along the way, the consequences he faces is always someone's fault, never his.

He's a cheater, he cheated on me and has cheated on his wife.

They both got what they fought for.

Adding to my post: the way he has treated our ds, is terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I feel sorry for my ex only because he leads a fucked up life and doesn't know our amazing son.

I have gone back and forth about feeling sorry for BM.   She is an abusive relationship, separated from her family and turned to drinking to cope.  Then last week she kicked SF out of a chair and DH watched her trying to push, punch and kick SF in the driveway.  Any sympathy is now gone.

sid1083
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Can't say I do. I was left in much the same fashion his ex left him, and with his current wife I have a feeling it will happen again (could go either way on who leaves who). I'd probably feel bad though if he actually made an effort of any sort toward our kids…
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CFSTBSM27
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol nope but I feel extremely for BMs current ex...
Pero3
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I feel sorry for anybody who can't find happiness, and he is one of those people!

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

No, I don't feel sorry for him. He is successful and his wife is normal. There is nothing to feel sorry for.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I have felt sorry for my ex before. Especially lately. He has come over on occasion and hung out with all of us. I can see it in his eyes that he wished he hadn't fucked things up. He has had one failed relationship after another. And this latest one is different. I think he is embarrassed of her. I wish he had never hit me like he did. This "step" road would have likely never have happened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN